Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

Torrevieja - one of the healthiest places in the world?

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Torrevieja - one of the healthiest places in the world?

Is it true that Torhrevieja been officially named as one of the healthiest places in the world by the World Health Organisation?

I've never found any related links on their website (www.who.org) or via google.

Cheers
    UT

My dad used to use that line on clients in the late 80's and early 90's - not sure where it came from though!! I've never seen anything official, BUT, I know of many people with lots of different ailments who have seen fantastic results simply by moving to the Costa Blanca (my dad included - he has osteospondolitis and can barely walk when in the UK, he now lives in Dolores and has recently renovated a finca with very little help!).

Comentario

Torrevieja - one of the healthiest places in the world?

Carrie,
      I guess there's bound to be some truth in such a widely used line. Having seen those strange salt lakes and breathed the air in Torrevieja, I would not be at all surprised.

It certainly beats the pollution we have in London.

PS. Glad to hear your dad made a fab recovery.

UT

Originalmente publicado por carrie
      My dad used to use that line on clients in the late 80's and early 90's - not sure where it came from though!! I've never seen anything official, BUT, I know of many people with lots of different ailments who have seen fantastic results simply by moving to the Costa Blanca (my dad included - he has osteospondolitis and can barely walk when in the UK, he now lives in Dolores and has recently renovated a finca with very little help!).

Comentario

Re: Torrevieja - one of the healthiest places in the world?

Originalmente publicado por UltimateTraveller
        Is it true that Torhrevieja been officially named as one of the healthiest places in the world by the World Health Organisation?

I've never found any related links on their website (www.who.org) or via google.

Cheers
        UT
        It has been said many times that the micro climate of the Costa Blanca, and especially the area around Torrevieja with the salt lakes, is one of the healthiest in the world. When I first bought my place in Los Balcones 15 years ago I had a cutting of an article out of a UK newspaper, I think the Times, that was written by a Harley Street Doctor. In the article the Doctor went into great detail about the health giving properties of the salt from the lakes and the warm dry climate. At one point they were going to build a health resort, hotel and spa's down at the side of the lake where Lago Jardin 1 is now situated. I wish I could find the article because there were quite a few examples of people with severe arthritis and similar complaints who benefited greatly from living in the area. Another interesting fact, it has also been said that the climate in the region is almost identical to Southern California! Is that a benefit or not??

Terry

Comentario

Does it get this cold in Southern California?

Comentario

How cold is cold? We are out on Monday, do I need thermals!!!
            Palm Springs can be very cold at night but hot in the day in Feb.
            There are 2 threads about Torre being healthy as I said previously I found the climate good for my arthritis and fibromyalgia but we left at the beginning of December, so I wll see how things are next week. Can't feel worse than here!

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X