Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• area within walking distance of beach & amenities, pleas

We are researching to buy a resale apartment within walking distance of the beach & amenities, rather than inland near a golf course so we do not have to hire a car. Agents seem extremely vague as to the exact situation of properties, never providing a map. Please could anyone advise of which areas would be ideal? As we do not know south Costa Blanca, we hope to go out in June this year on an expedition with one of the agents that do the 3 day trip, followed by our own exploration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Depends on exactly what you call walking distance, I suppose. Within a 5-10 minute walk you could look at Punta Prima, La Zenia or Cabo Roig (all south of Torrevieja and actually in Orihuela Costa rather than Torrevieja).

I have an apartment in Los Dolses which is about a 15 minute walk to the beaches at La Zenia, or 15 minute walk to Villamartin Plaza. Los Dolses and Rioja commercial centres are a 5 minute walk away, and Via Park I and II are probably only 10 to 15 minutes away on foot.

There are resales on my Urb if you're interested (not mine!)

I couldn't comment on the areas north of Punta Prima as I don't know them too well.

If you're looking for resales with an agent, find out what their commission is - this will be added to the vendor's price so you will be paying it. If you want to find resles yourself, find an area you like and look out for the Se Vende boards. Buying direct from the owner could save you anything between 5% and 20% (commissions in Spain are a LOT heftier than in the UK).

Buena Suerte.

Chris.

Comentario

Guardamar is very nice. There is also La Mata. They are both up past Torrevieja going north, but not far from Orihuela Costa.

Down towards Costa Calida is nice aswell - Mar Menor. San Pedro, Los Alcazares, San Javier.

Comentario

Hi ... The problem is that everywhere looks nice when the sun shines.Its hard to choose the right location.All of the above locations mentioned are great.
        Remember that the nearer the sea the more expensive it gets.
        We picked Gran Alacant......8 mins from airport......car
        10 mins to sea.......walking
        situated between alicante and santa pola.
        see web .....gran alacant plaza.

Wanted to send you a pm but it is disabled.

Comentario

thank you for suggestions of beach areas

Thanks for taking the time to reply. You have given us good ideas of where to look. As said, the nearer the coast the more expensive even 1 bedroom apartments are. Some of the areas suggested have no properties coming up within our budget at all, but we will keep looking. Once we've visited no doubt we will have a clear idea of where we would like to be. 8 mins from the airport and 10 mins walk to beach sounds great! Torrevieja itself does have lots for sale, but it's difficult to tell exactly where they are and some of the reviews are not that good.

Comentario

areas to buy in

Hi

It also depends if you are going to live here full time or rent your property out. Guardamar and La Mata not much doing in the winter months but good in the summer. We have a friend who is finding it difficult to rent out in La Mata in winter, she had one booking in her apartment for Nov/Dec family with 2 children they were only here 2 days and decided to go back home. I would say keep to Torrevieja itself.

Comentario

Hi,
              I have an apartment in Torrevieja near two of the beaches and near to everything you would wish to have . I have read a lot of bad reviews myself ,and I often wonder if it is the same place that is talked about that I have an home in.Having said that,there are good bits and bad bits as in any town,and some time spent in the area would be recomended no matter where you were to buy.There are many apartments for sale and there are many small estate agents that deal in these local properties,and it is a good time to buy resale. ( I wish I was looking)
              One thing I will say Torrevieja is policed and some areas up and down the coast do not seem to be ,or not that you would notice.
              All the new builds in the town are still selling quick , and resales are moving too all be it slower.
              Best of luck in your search. archie
              ps; all my neighbours are Spanish and a lot more Spanish people seem to be retiring here, and they are starting to remodel the beach and cliff areas north of the town. interesting times,and a new harbour.

Comentario

Re: thank you for suggestions of beach areas

"8 mins from the airport and 10 mins walk to beach sounds great!" Just beware of being too near the airport. If they build a second runway will you have low flying airplanes buzzing over head all day? Gran Alicant is very near the airport and although I can't comment if they can hear aircraft at the moment, it would be a worry of mine. Areas around Torrevieja/Orihuela Costa are only 15 - 35 mins from either Murcia or Alicante Airports. How much is your budget? A personal question I know, but if you are slightly short it is easy to get a Spanish mortgage. You can't get much for under 110 000 euro these days and to be honest would probably need a bit more to get an apartment in a nicer area.

Comentario

interesting comments

Thanks - interesting comments, again giving food for thought. We would initially buy to rent out in the summer months with us 'popping' over out of season. After a look in June, we've decided we must go again in say, October. The budget figure mentioned is actually the price around which we are flooking, which is probably why no properties came up for the 'nicer' areas. It may be that we will need a small mortgage to get what we want. Some of the new builds near the golf courses are excellent value, but stuck inland, which is not what we would like.

It looks like Torrevieja/Orihuela costa is an area to research. When we come over it might be a good idea to work southwards from Alicante. Thanks for the point about expanding the airport - really appreciated and something to take seriously. Longer term we would like to "winter" in Spain and try to enjoy whatever sort of summer we have here! Even longer term we might pack up, upgrade our Spanish property and emigrate, especially with this country in the state it's in and steadily getting worse.

Comentario

I really wouldn't buy off plan. You only have to look through this forum to see how many horror stories there are. With a resale you can see what you are at least getting and you won't have to wait years with no return on your investment. I can really recommend the area in general and it grows on you more and more with each visit. We have had ours for over 3 years and i am moving out permenantly next Summer, so if you want any additional info, with stuff like good places for rental properties etc I am willing to help. My email address is jim-celia@blueyonder.co.uk. Regards Celia

Comentario

Thanks for the replies so far; we are getting more and more interested in the area as time goes by. Does anyone know of a website showing a map of the areas suggested as most sites I have found don't show these areas
                      Thanks
                      Dave

Comentario

Hi Marion & Dave

Try this

http://agilciudad.com/orihuela/

This site is a Spanish site showing maps of the area
                        click Plano Callejero then type Orihuela Costa or wherever you need and you can zoom in quite close

Regards

Glynne

Comentario

Hello Marion & Dave.

You may also take a look at Senorio de Punta Prima. A beautifull ocean resort between Torrevieja and Orihuela Costa. No problem buying off plan there. There are some resales there from 1st phase.

www.puntaprima.com

Regards

Kjell

Comentario

I suppose everyone is passionate about the area they live in otherwise they would have already moved on.Gran Alacant does not get any noise from the airport due to the flight path being over the sea towards Alicante bay.We looked at all the areas from Alicante down to Mar Menor and as said in my post they are all nice.The deciding factor was the distance from the airport.We have traveled the N332!!!.
                            It was harder than i thought when we made 3 visits on our own to look at properties.(kept getting lost). We then went on an inspection trip which was very good (too good) .Try saying no at the end.
                            If you go on an inspection trip.Remember 1. no matter how nice he /she is they are sales persons,well trained in their field. 2.take any thing they say with a pinch of salt. ie completion dates or (you can extend this or build the other). 3.ask if they charge for after sales service on completion?.
                            Finally...Good house hunting,hope you find you dream place. T3

Comentario

I did actually say, i couldn't comment on whether or not aircraft could be heard at the moment at Gran Alacant, but what I did say and what they should consider, is what if another runway is built? It is possible and I have heard is very likely that one will be built, therefore Gran Alacant could be affected, that was all I was saying. I would also like to add re another comment, it is difficult to rent out a property in the winter. My mother has just stayed in our place for a month and said it is the quietest winter out of 3, hardly anyone about and that is in an area with a year round community. One last thing before i bore you to death! Buy South'ish facing, and beware of vacant land next to a potential property, anything could be built on it! Good luck and hope you like the area.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X