X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Senoritas de Noches

Hi Everybody,
    From a number of visits recently I couldn't help but notice the number of prostitutes at the roundabouts from Punta Prima all the way out towards Playa Flamenca and La Zenia. The Guardia Civil would appear to turn a blind eye to their activities. I am not a prude but surely this activity should be restricted to a "red light" district and not urbanisations that promote themselves as family friendly holiday areas. Are these areas allowing themselves to become the red light districts for Torrevieja? What a shame if that is the case. If any community organisations from the multitude of apartment complexes adjacent to all this activity have made objections to the authorities I would be very interested to hear what the official response was. Does anybody else feel the way I do about this, Let me know and maybe something could be done about it.
    Regards,
    Silke

Silke, I agree with you. However, as these ladies are also in the habit of plying their trade at the roundabout right by the main police station on the Crevillente road in Torrevieja, I would not be too hopeful!

Comentario

i think the majority of these ladies are on the game purely due to the threats against their families from the pimps, i think the police are quite sympathetic to their plight and thus leave them be.

kev

Comentario

Comentario

Beastess - I agree fully with live and let live. They cause no harm to anybody, if anything they keep the streets clean(er) by stopping dirty men having to get their kicks in other ways.

I do think Germany has the right idea though in giving them a designated area to go and 'do the deed'!

Unfortunately, this is an issue that has been around forever and will be around forever. It's all very well to say 'oh, well I think it's disgusting, they should be locked up, it's wrong, etc, etc, etc', but it is a fact of life that must be dealt with.

As long as they aren't doing it (pardon the pun) on your doorstep, leave them alone.

Comentario

Hi Carrie and Beastess.

I, too, am of the 'Live and let Live' mindset. That having been said, if you've ever used the underpass at the Cabo Roig roundabout you might appreciate the more unsavoury consequences (condoms during the day and punters 'at it' during the night).

A dedicated area though just moves the 'problem' out of sight, hence out of mind.

I don't mind them getting on with it, but would prefer them to clean up after themselves.

Chris.

Comentario

Someone has altered a road sign behind the swimming pool to read "Danger Putas"

Laffed my head off

Comentario

I did say, and still assert that I am not a prude. I would also subscribe to the "live and let live" philosophy espoused by others on this forum. However this activity at roundabouts gives a very seedy impression of the whole area. If I was renting an apartment or villa near any of these roundabouts and was not warned about the activity I would certainly be seeking a refund. Take the roundabout near the Playa Flamenca Commercial Centre for example you canot walk from the centre after a night out without being solicited by these girls.
                Somebody said the Guardia were sympathetic to their plight - are they equally sympathetic to the health proplems these girls inevitably have as a result of their trade? Why don't they go after the pimps that are supposedly threatening the girls families if they are so concerned. This activity in my opinion only serves to attract low-life and undesirables to the area at night. It won't be long before the place becomes a no go area - no wonder crime has become such an issue in the last few years.
                Silke

Comentario

Comentario

Given the number of (presumably approved) brothels, sorry, nightclubs in the area, there shouldn't be much need for the roundabout trade, which does bring the tone of the area down. Incidentally, how come it's "live and let live" for the girls plying their trade, but the customers are "dirty old men"?

Comentario

Comentario

Dirty men because a lot of them have wives and girlfriends...

And just because I think 'live and let live' it doesn't mean I think it's a good choice for a way of life - but they are providing a service that potentially stops a sexually frustrated pervert raping or attacking a girl.

Just my opinion - you don't have to agree! Thats the wonderful things about opinions!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por carrie
                          Beastess - I agree fully with live and let live. They cause no harm to anybody, if anything they keep the streets clean(er) by stopping dirty men having to get their kicks in other ways.

I do think Germany has the right idea though in giving them a designated area to go and 'do the deed'!

Unfortunately, this is an issue that has been around forever and will be around forever. It's all very well to say 'oh, well I think it's disgusting, they should be locked up, it's wrong, etc, etc, etc', but it is a fact of life that must be dealt with.

As long as they aren't doing it (pardon the pun) on your doorstep, leave them alone.
                          Carrie,

You need to be careful that Beastess does not let one of her cats do it on your doorstep.

Comentario

Hi all,

Yes! they do seem a bit in your face but when in Rome etc.

When my daughter was in her young teens we (the family) once went on a holiday to the Italian/Swiss lakes and without knowing one night all went into a " nightclub" by mistake. We will never forget it - Dark lighting! - Seedy looking men - Ugly looking women - and very expensive drinks !

But an experience for us all !!!

Regards,

Dave D.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Dave D
                              Hi all,

Yes! they do seem a bit in your face but when in Rome etc.

When my daughter was in her young teens we (the family) once went on a holiday to the Italian/Swiss lakes and without knowing one night all went into a " nightclub" by mistake. We will never forget it - Dark lighting! - Seedy looking men - Ugly looking women - and very expensive drinks !

But an experience for us all !!!

Regards,

Dave D.
                              Dave D - an unfortunate turn of phrase.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X