Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• residencias and medical treatment?

A friend of a friend says that when he gets his residencia (he does the finger print thing next month) he will be then entitled to use the Spanish health system and get his medical card. Is this true? If so I think it is really unfair, as he works here illegally and doesnt pay any tax or social ( we work damned hard to pay these and do everything legally - sorry if I sound like a bit of a grouch!!) Whats the real story??

Only applicable to the Valencian region and has to be reapplied for every year with a letter from Newcastle stating you are no longer entitled to UK health care. I believe it's ment for the early retired and could of course be stopped at any time.

Comentario

As far as I am aware, if you are not in possesion of a up to date Spanish Social Security card and you are not of pensionable age (or you have a letter from Newcastle saying you have retired early) you are not entitled to a SIP card (medical card). When I got our cards I had to present a form that I received from the Spanish Social Security at the local medical centre to prove I pay into the system. Having residencia does not provide that.

Cath

Comentario

Well from my 20 years experience of living in Spain 90% of the foreigners here are working illegally, which makes it damn hard for those that don't. This government doesn't give a toss it would appear.

Problem is that it is very expensive to be self employed here in comparison to the UK, the social security contributions a way too much. On top of that there are very few Spanish employers willing to employ foreigners.

This effectively creates a black economy with regards to the illegal work ethic as it's a case of work legally and in the process try and compete with those that don't whilst also having to pay a hell of a lot of money out each month!

The system is partially to blame. Take a look at any building site run by Spanish and you'll see no English working on them (or next to none), because they have the African market to tap into for cheap labour and most of them work illegally too!

Comentario

Remember though all of you who are paying into the social security, you will get a pension which is something the illegal workers won't! And you don't have to worry about being caught! Not long ago on this forum someoone metioned their friend received a huge fine for illegal taxiing.

Comentario

Except you forget that you can pay voluntary contributions to the UK for the pension at a fraction of the cost!

Comentario

Yes true, but isn't the Spanish pension worth more? I don't personally know, but I've benn told you get more money?

Comentario

Spanish pension used to be quite a lot of money years ago but today I believe it is on par with the UK.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X