Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Compensation experiences

Our building completion date has overrun by 8 month and the builder has offered compensation "of sorts" I consider the offer very poor, all things considered.

Before I accept or reject the offer I would appreciate a benchmarch to judge his offer against. I would be interested to hear of the experiences of other people in this situation and the level of compensation received.

Thank You

We moved in in December of last year that was one year six months overdue and we did not get a euro.Even though people in our block tried to get compensation nobody got a euro back.
    In the end we were just glad to move in.
    If I were you I would take the money.

Maggie & Chris

Comentario

We got our keys (or some of them!) in Sept instead of march. A lot of the comunal areas were not completely finished and although the actual apartment was great they had dug up all the path and access was by pallets for a further few months (not too good when it is primarily a rental apartment). We were offered no compensation, not even towards flights etc so i would agree with oneday and take the money - however check it does not come with strings attached

Comentario

Thanks for the reply, but it wasn't money that was offered it was goods and not much at that. LOL

Thanks again

Comentario

Hi,
          I seem to remember that by Spanish law a 18 months over run is the norm , most of the builders build it into their scheduals ( pardon the pun )it allows them to start new projects before completing old ones. If you say you have been offered something for a mere 8 months I would take it ,most of us that have bought in the past have experienced much longer overruns and no compensation.I did know about this and other Spanish ways of doing things before I bought in Spain and mentaly I prepared for at least 12 months overrun, and would recommend anybody buying out in Spain to do the same.This does depend on the area these days.
          We ended up completeing a couple of months after our Spanish home was completed ,so for once we kept the Spanish builders waiting,it ended up well over a years overrun,and yes I would do it all again, and what seemed very annoying at the time fades away very quickly.
          All the best to you both archie
          E

Comentario

Thank you Archie.

I appreciate what you say and it does make sense, which is the reason in the first place for asking for comments. I was interested in your comments that you made the builder wait for his final payment to suit you. What was the builders reaction to having to wait?? Thanks once again.

Comentario

We were told to go out in December and tried to put it off until the New Year. The reply was if we did not go out then they would charge us interest. Damn cheek as they had run over one and a half years.
              When we got there we opened our back door and we could touch a crane it was that close. Still it has been worth it we were out there last week and had a great time even with the nightmare at Ikea on the bank holiday Monday.

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X