Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Boat Trips from Torrevieja

Can anyone please give me any information on Boat Trips that are available from Torrevieja.
    Particular interest is in visiting the Islote de la Cantera (15Km south of Alicante)

Maybe I got the island wrong - It could be the Island of Tabarca, if there is a difference!

Comentario

Hi Pete,

The island of Tabarca is a godforsaken place but you can get the 'glass bottom' boat from Torrevieja harbour in the summer months. It's basically about 1 hour away but the boat we went on held 250 people and the porthole to view the 'fabulous undersea world' was about the size of a large envelope and, to be honest you saw more rusty bikes than dolphins.
      They abandon you on the island for about 6 hours and the only thing to do is eat in the half dozen or so overpriced restaurants or try the 'beach' which looks like it has been dumped off the back of a builders lorry. You could go and watch them building the holiday apartments if you want a bit of variety but when we were there, the most exciting thing was watching the guys at the Red Cross station blowing up rubber gloves and drawing faces on them for the kids.

It's only my opinion of course, but do yourself a favour, buy a couple of litres of 'white with a hint of apple' and watch it dry, you'll have a much better ( and cheaper) time.

Good Luck

Comentario

Comentario

Thanks Andy and Beastess,
          Maybe we will give this a miss. I had heard from others that it is not very exciting, especially as we are not divers !!!!!!
          Pete

Comentario

ISLAND

I went last year with some friends and we really enjoyed the trip.
            Found a reasonably priced restaurant, had a walk and a swim.

Karen

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X