X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Passport

Hi,
    I am a non resident and I have been told to carry a copy of my passport when driving, rather than the real thing ,which makes good sense. Can anybody tell me what size to print off and where to get it signed,I have been told at the police station or at a notary,? which is it please. archie

Comentario

Barry I think you are getting confused between a passport and a driving licience.

Comentario

I had a colour phtoto-reduced copy of my passport made and encapsulated in plastic as a sort of diy id card - however most shops want to see the original when paying by credit card.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Scorpio
          Barry I think you are getting confused between a passport and a driving licience.

oops, my mistake, i will have to stop drinking so early in the day.

B

Comentario

Passport

Hi Everyone

You can indeed cary a photocopy of your passport for use as ID, you need to take the original to the police station, they will verify it and stamp the copy as authentic, this is the only way shops etc will accept it

Regards

Rayzoray

Comentario

As with everything in Spain, the paperwork you need to carry really depends on who you need to show it to.

Although the Guardia MAY accept a Notarized copy, they may not. Some shops will allow you to show a copy, others won't. Certainly, the Vodafone shop in Dos Mares wouldn't accept a Notarized copy when I wanted to set up a contract with them last year.

This is one of the most frustrating things about living in Spain, you can go to the town hall and the employee will send you away because you've forgotten some vital piece of paper, you go back the next day and see a different person and they don't even ask you for it.

Good luck

Comentario

Hi,
                Thanks for the replies.I already have a copy of my passport that I carry but I have not had it stamped.So I will go armed with coppies of my Passport & Driving licenses to the police station next week along with my originals and see if I can get the copies stamped.The Guardia first and then if not a notary.As some of you ahve said it depends who check s the copies and what for .I only want them for driving incase I am stopped and even then it will no doubt depend on the mood the policia or guardia are in on the day.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X