X
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Let's get this forum going again

That "other" forum is just unbearable, I much prefer it here but we could just do with a few more posters. Hopefully the nice ones from that forum will come back here and leave those other idiots to abuse each other in peace.

I see this morning it's not even working, hopefully someone has pulled the plug.

This forum is well moderated which is why it doesn't get out of hand. So cmon people lets get it going again.

I have to agree with you.
    I logged on here three years ago when I first put my deposit down on my apartment.
    It has now been up and running for six months.
    During this time this Forum has been fantastic for help I don't know what I would have done without everyones help.
    So come on let's get this Forum going again

Comentario

This used to be the main forum with the other one generally avoided because of in-fighting, bitching etc. The other one was then re-launched with a membership regime (prior to that you could post as a 'guest' which is why there was so much abuse). Then this one was closed for about two months and re-emerged with a much harsher regime, hence the reason most people stayed on the other one! Personally I think the other one has gone back to the same level of bitching and abuse as there was originally - sad given that there are so many people that could be offering help. It's become more of a chat board than anything else.

Me? I look in on both, but find that although this is the quieter of the two it attracts less oddballs, and more people seeking help. At least there's a choice and the two are markedly different. When I first started to think about buying in Spain I got ALL my help and advice from this forum. I'm now more than happy to pass the knowledge on when I am able.

Just remember - big isn't always best...

Chris.

Comentario

Chris, I agrre with you entirely, I posted here a long time before .co.uk became popluar and the level of advise and even conversation here has been better than the other all the way.

.co.uk is a chat room which has decended into a 'clique' board because the moderator has allowed it to. Look at the amount of 'regular' names that post rental or rent seeking posts and dont get pulled !

.com, simple but effective.

Comentario

Hi

I totally agree, I used to use this site when I was buying over here. I used this site a lot and got a lot out of it.
          I now live here and love it and can maybe help some others as I was helped.
          I have to agree about co.uk more chat than informative.

Comentario

i cant help but agree. We bought our place nearly three years ago with a veiw to moving out full time when we retired. That happy day will be next Thursday. There have been times when we have thought are we doing the right thing? how do we get round this? who can we trust to do .....? Everytime this forum provided us with good sound advice for which we are truly very grateful. We felt like we had made friends in Spain before we even got there. We both miss this - we now feel like we are outsiders from the elite few who are already out there living the dream. I hope this forum returns to its original standards - and we will be more than willing to help those who follow us in years to come as all of you have helped us over the last couple of years

Comentario

[quote="Doc"] It's become more of a chat board than anything else.[quote]

Hi. I see it is quite chatty on here too....I am a bit worried as I have been told you can be banned for asking a question in the wrong way - is this true?

Comentario

I have to agree with a lot of the above postings. I have been posting messages on various Torrevieja and expat websites for the last 4 years, even going back to CB 2000. I have to say I thought the other website was good, but it is rapidly turning into a chat room, I am sure the moderator never intended it to be used as such. I dont understand why they dont email one another and use the site for the purpose for which it was intended. It is such a shame.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X