Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• HORSE RIDING

I promised once September came my daughter could start riding over here. Can anyone recommend a good stables? I went and saw one near San Miguel last Easter, La Rufla or something similar and it looked a bit of a dump, sorry if you own it or work there, but I am used to UK standards! The school also looked dubious. I have seen whilst driving by, the one at Campoamor, which at least has a decent looking school. Any recommendations?

You could have a look here
    http://www.neopro.com/el-refugio/index_uk.html

Comentario

Thanks for that. This has also been recommended on the other forum. Looks good. Thanks

Comentario

horse riding

I have ridden at Lo Ruffette twice and enjoyed both times, and its a good place to go if you have some experience. Nice horses good views ( they ride round the lake nearby), but not sure what the lessons are like. You are taken out by the eager bunch of english teenage girls that help there.
        I also rode at el rancho on the san miguel to los momtesinos road ( not the one of the same name in campamoar)The horses there look good, again nice riding not much road work but the girl that took us out was more interested in perfecting her dressage than looking after the 4 inexperienced riders at the back, my freind who was also out with me is a good rider and ended up looking after everyone. I think that the owners daughter who usually takes people out has gone to do waitressing so they have a stand in, so check its the owners daughter that takes you if you go as she apparently is very good.
        I think you will struggle to get a stable that has all the stringent health and safety guidelines they do in england.but sometimes that can be a good thing at least you are allowed to groom and tack your own horse in spain, they dont let you near hem in england because of insurance!
        hope you get sorted.

Comentario

We came back Sunday and during this trip visited Meson Villa Salada. On the Torrevieja - Crevillente road (the Carre Four one) just after the San Luis roundabout. Someone may post and say this place has a terrible reputation but I can tell you what we found:

A well stocked, clean stable run by a Spanish family that appeared to take great pride and care of the animals. My wife and son took horses out around the salt lake - a good 1 hour for 25 Euro each. They were accompanied, assisted but not hindered and really enjoyed the ride. They will undoubtedly go again. The restaurant there is good as well. There are English and English speaking people on the end of the phone if required.

Still have the card in my wallet so details are :
          Meson Villan Salada
          mesonvillasalada@yahoo.es
          tel. 96 678 63 02

hope this is useful.
          Reservas (riding & restaurant) 626 544 493

Comentario

Thanks for your replies

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X