Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

Is it possible to retire in spain on a UK pension?

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Is it possible to retire in spain on a UK pension?

Comentario

Comentario

It does include the food bill and this is a nonsense post. The food alone would take you to near the limit.
        This post is a wind up.
        Ignore it

Comentario

Comentario

Message to The Theorist

I am more than willing to send you copies of my bills for twelve months - I don't wind anybody up. People ask for advise on this forum and expect honest replies. I thought the nastiness on this forum had been stopped.

Comentario

la torreta,by your own admission you eat out four or five times a week,if you only eat out four times a week and have the menu del dia every time at 6 euros,then the anual cost of eating out comes to 1248 euros per person,even if you lived alone you'd be doing well to spend just 1140 euros on ALL your other bills.Give us a break,as The Theorist says "this is a wind up",either that or your maths is terrible.

Comentario

Comentario

Sorry if I misunderstood your original poat La torreta,but I've re-read it several times and it still reads to me as if you were including the cost of eating out and feeding yourself and the cats.At no point did you state that these costs are over and above the figure you mentioned.

I appologise for any misunderstanding but that's the way I read it.

Comentario

Comentario

Comentario

UK Pension

Reading all of this, I wouldnt think you would be entitled to a spanish pension when you go out their to live you would be living on your UK pension, why would they pay you a Spanish pension too. Is everybody confused about all of this topic as I am. Looks as if they are saying for general items you spend 2000 plus euros a year and then add 1000 plus euros on top of that for food, car etc.

Reading the first one, it looks as if 2000+ including everything which I cant see being true.

D

Comentario

Hi all,

It's strange how these threads always go wrong at some point !!

Dot . I think you lost the plot !! No offence meant !

JWhite - I keep saying this but if you can live in England on your pension then you must be able to live in Spain on it!!

The first thing you will save a lot on is your smokes!! then on eating out !! then on your monthly household bills and so on !!!

Good Luck! Just do it - Move to Spain !!

Regards,

Dave D

Comentario

Initially, while you are setting things up in Spain then I should think that obviously your expenses would be greater until all that is sorted when it should ease off a bit. Prices here are rising all the time, which is another thing to consider. Water, electricity,telephone - all on the up this year.

Comentario

Would I not be right in assuming that if you live in Spain for more than 6 months without a break you have to take out Spanish citizenship.
                              If you take out Spanish citizenship do you not forfeit your UK state pension for a Spanish state pension.
                              I always thought that this was the position but if there is anybody who knows the exact position on this issue I would be delighted for the information.

Regards,
                              Dermot Sheehy.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X