Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Car Hire in Torre

Need to hire a car for a few days in Oct. What is the best company to go for and is it better to hire at the airport or in Torre itself.
    Flying in to Murcia for a week but never hired or driven in Spain before.
    Any tips. Which companies will remove their logos (another post I read)
    I see directions on a previous post for leaving Murcia airport say leave the car park and head straight up the road. Bit vague that part?

Thanks.

Coys Cars are very good and reasonable too, we have been using them for the past 12 months, the details are on
    http://www.coysrent-a-car.com/ ran by an English couple so no problem with language, you can also pick up the car at the airport.

Comentario

We always book with www.doyouspain.com as we check around & they are consistantly the best price. We always ask for a 5 dr but cheapest & always get a super car. You pick it up at either Alicante or Murcia airports & we have used both. Look at

http://www.spanish-airport-guide.com...port-maps.html

http://www.spanish-airport-guide.com...port-maps.html

Hope you get on ok.

Comentario

Many companies charge you for a full tank of petrol and expect you to bring it back empty. If you only want it for a few days you can choose not to pay for a full tank, as long as you return the car with a full tank. That way you only pay for the petrol you use.

Comentario

We use www.doyouspain.com as I said & if we book for up to 4 days we CAN request for it to be as you just said but with almost everyone you DO end up paying 55 - 60 euros for a full tank, to be left empty. I was told about www.recordrentacar.com that let you bring it back full so you didn't pay for petrol but their charges were FAR more than do you spain so never used them. Compare their prices against doyouspain's. If you know better, please advise as very interesting.

Comentario

Joan I am going next week to Murcia Airport for the first time. I will post directions for you when I get back.

Does anybody know if you have to pay for a full tank when you hire from coys?

Comentario

Coys put 12euro petrol in the car and charge it on your bill, but then you can take it back empty! much better than driving around just for the sake of using up your petrol!!

Comentario

That does sound better than paying for a full tank that you can't use. How long does it take to get a quote? e-mailed them yesterday no reply as yet?

Thanks

Comentario

Hi JeansSis,
                  Found your entry interesting as we always use Record, so decided to compare for our next trip out. Doyouspain came in 278 euros to Records 280 euros, but as "club members" (no charge for this) we get a discount which brings Record down to 162 euros. We have often shopped around, but when the discount is taken into account we have never found anyone cheaper than Record.
                  As already mentioned they operate a system whereby you simply return the car with the same amount of fuel as you ccollect it with which, especially on short trips can save a lot of money.
                  We've always had good cars and often free upgrades. We'd recommend them every time. Oops staring to sound as though I've got shares in them. :P Don't operate from Murcia though, only Alicante.

Comentario

Hola Ricky T,

That's odd as whenever we have checked prices (as we always do) Record have been much more. Our friend in LAM recommended Record to us as one who doesn't charge for petrol upfront so we were keen to look into it. We always book a 5 door but only the cheapest one.

What's this "club members" thing, please Seems to give a superb discount.

On another note ...............re Coycars. (Someone said they put 12 euros of petrol in (which you pay for )

We have just had a quote from them ..see below...

The total cost for a Group C Peugeot 206 5 door, from 5th September 2006 to 17th September 2006 (12 days) is 304 euros (subject to availability).
                    This includes a 10% discount and 12 euros for fuel.
                    Please note that you return the car empty of fuel at the end of the hire.

We have a quote for same duration from DoyouSpain for a Renault Clio 5 dr with a/c (or similar) 198.84 euros

BIG DIFFERENCE JUST TO TRY TO SAVE ON PETROL

Comentario

Comentario

Seems the discount makes the difference though.

" What's this "club members" thing, please Seems to give a superb discount. "

Can someone elaborate, please I have asked previously.

Comentario

How about F & C Cars, we are agents for them and I can organise prices. If you want further info, email me on melanie.leeming@hotmail.com

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por JeansSis
                            Seems the discount makes the difference though.

" What's this "club members" thing, please Seems to give a superb discount. "

Can someone elaborate, please I have asked previously.

Go to http://www.recordrentacar.com/ and sign up for Club record on the left hand side of the front page. Every booking you make you get points allocated which you can use as a discount on the following bookings.
                            You also get emails with special offers sent to you.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por RickT
                              Hi JeansSis,
                              Found your entry interesting as we always use Record, so decided to compare for our next trip out. Doyouspain came in 278 euros to Records 280 euros, but as "club members" (no charge for this) we get a discount which brings Record down to 162 euros. We have often shopped around, but when the discount is taken into account we have never found anyone cheaper than Record.
                              As already mentioned they operate a system whereby you simply return the car with the same amount of fuel as you ccollect it with which, especially on short trips can save a lot of money.
                              We've always had good cars and often free upgrades. We'd recommend them every time. Oops staring to sound as though I've got shares in them. :P Don't operate from Murcia though, only Alicante.

Yes they do operate from Murcia airport see link

http://www.recordrentacar.com/car_hi...ire_murcia.htm

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X