Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• just how do they get the salt out?

We have been visiting torre for about a year now, but we still havent found out how they actually get the salt from the lagoons, we have visited the museum at santa pola but that didnt answer our questions can someone help either with a web site that explains or their own explanation. Also i have been told two theories as to why the salt lakes turn pink.
    1. There is a pigment/mineral in the water?
    2.Because of all the crill that the flamingoes like to eat in the water?
    Please can anyone help thanks.

I don't know how they get the salt out, but the pink colour is the crill which rises to the surface when the water is warmer, hence more colour in the afternoon and the summer

Comentario

Pink water

From what I am told, and from what I can read on the info-centre at La Mata, the colour turns pink/lilac when the salt is ready to be taken out (I don't know if that's the right espression in english). This happens several times during a month, from January to December.

Exactly how they get the salt out, I don't know. There is a salt museum in town, I guess it is information about it there.

Comentario

Hi
        The lake is pink wether it is dull. sunny, cold, hot, winter, summer, cloudy or clear, I have lived here now for nearly 2 years and still I am not sure what makes it pink, if it is krill why aren't all the lakes with flamingo's pink? or even all salt lakes?

I have seen them at Santa Pola with diggers, when the water has evaporated to almost empty, they then skim with diggers into lorry's and take it away,

Now I am not sure if that is the way they do it, but hey it's one theory

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X