Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Those who are buying on Play Golf III pls note below

Hi Barry,
    I'm sorry we missed you would have liked to say hello, but we met your folks. We move in at the same time as you but just down the street. It was a very stressful week and to much to do in a short period of time really but was worth it. Hope you enjoy the property and hope to see you soon over on Playa Golf. If anyone would like to ask any questions about our moving in, just post a question and I will reply.
    Sping…

Hi there
    you do not have to pay this so called black money, really speaking its against the law and the only ones who benifit are the sellers of the property. Just think of it, the Builder gets say 20,000 euros off each house he sells, lets say he sells 100 houses that makes him 2 million euros tax free, which really speaking is fraud on a big scale.. now think of this... on the hundreds of urbanizations that are being and have been built in this area alone.. the mind boggles

Best regards Robert

Knowle, West Midlands, England + Playa Golf 3 - Cabo Roig, Spain

Sping

Sorry we missed you, my parents said someone had popped round and you had passed on e-maill addresses etc. When they will get back I will drop you an e-mail off forum.

Yes it was a manic few days.

B

Sping. Hopefully we will get possesion this week ( playa golf 3) . I know we will be on the builders electricity supply, ( we even have a pole in the front garden) but is it all switched on, or will we have to request that...You might guess we are novices at this so any information would help..

Knowle, West Midlands, England + Playa Golf 3 - Cabo Roig, Spain

Freddy

Everything was switched on, best to get a small table light asap and go round and check all the switched etc. There will be no lights (or even roses) in the house so you wont see a thing if its dark. Get your light suppliers in as quickly as possible.

Barry

Barry. Just as I thought. last time I was there I purchased a few lamp holders and bulbs and as soon as I get the keys I will pop the temporary lamp holders on..at least we should have lights everywhere. I will take your advice about checking out all the sockets though !
    My daughter wants to furnish the house in her own style and hasn't ordered anything at all, so I'm afraid it will be a bit like camping until she decides just what she wants. The only thing she has ordered are the beds which are awaiting a delivery date...I only hope our moving in, goes as smoothly as yours..............We fly out Saturday so presumably we will pick up the keys the early part of the week..
    Thanks.

Hi Freddy, I can probably say that we are all novices at this, but believe you me that the learning curve is very steep. Talk to as many people as you can when you get there and get recommendations for any work to be done from others who have had similar work done. You will find that there will be a stream of people cold calling and dropping off cards. Take a tip from this forum; change your locks as soon as you can, but remember, the builder will need keys or access to your keys via a key holder to get you connected to the main power and water supplies, and this could take some time (years!). Get yourself some good door and window grills; the builder’s grills are not that good especially on the kitchen and downstairs bedroom windows (if you have an Azucena- White Lilly). Make sure that the windows have keyed locks on them; we had to put these on when we arrived. We also bought some metal clips for the shutters at 4.75€ each, these clips secure the shutters and make them difficult to lift from the outside, wooden clothes pegs are also good (Note; on the shutter, there are two plastic cone shaped stoppers. Take these of by unscrewing them and replace them so that the cone is on the inside of the shutter, this will make it harder for someone to lift the shutter from outside). You will get an alarm as mentioned by Barry and the alarm man will recommend some extra thing for you to look at, like four sliding bolts for each corner of the solarium door, if you have one.
    Don’t let all this security put you off, the area is great with some good restaurants and bars and you have a lot of nice beaches close to you. All the neighbours we met were very nice, helpful and friendly. So if you get a chance on this trip enjoy yourself.
    Sping…

Hi Sping
    Good to hear from people on Playa Golf 111 We are moving in middle of Nov. We were out there in Oct and people were starting to move in. Everyone we met were very friendly and the whole area is beginning to take shape. We have already been in touch with Barry Taffy & Freddy and what you have said about security is sound advice. The main concern for us is security I have heard most new builds are targets for break ins. We have bought an Azucena and have been recomended someone who will strengthen are downstairs grills and fit the upstairs ones. The other concern is the lack of street lighting we have been on to the builders but have had no reply. Were the street lights on down your road? we are facing the next phase to be built.

Hi munroist3308,
    We must be on the other side to you, the next wide road, but this is also in total darkness and apart from Barry and his family, no other residents.
    When we were over in late October someone got burgled behind us, the robbers used our street to gain access to their property. The crooks scam was; to keep an eye on the property and when the owners went out they would follow them. The other crooks would turn on the music in their car and rip the poorly fitted grill off the window. They looked through all the draws, searching for money credit cards etc. items that give good returns and are easily disposed of. They left things like TV’s and radios.
    As more people move in, the estate will become less attractive to the crooks and they will hopefully move on to another area. Hope your move goes as smoothly as ours and as I understand Barry’s did.
    Point to mention; if your getting furnishings from Arca, keep an eye on their pricing.
    We were charged 350€ for two extra net curtains, track and fitting, people on your road paid 100€ less for the same thing!
    Good luck, Sping.

Many thanks for all the constructive comments regarding moving in and security...Are any of you expecting to live there permanently or do you just regard them as holiday homes ?....I would hope top be out there for a few months of the year all being well.
    I expect various trades will be touting for business and I reckon it's a bit of a minefield just who to choose for extra grilles, sat TV, broadband connection etc.,...I will probably make a wrong choice and live to regret it, but I suppose that is to be expected and part of the learning curve you mentioned Sping....
    We are off tomorrow so I'm hoping the rain stops and we get some better weather for the next week.although I am not too optomistic.
    If we can get the keys and I can get a few jobs sorted out in the week we are there, then it will have been all worthwhile.

Marcadores