Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Drive all the way or Ferry?!

In the middle of December we intend to drive to the U.K with our dog. I believe that at that time of the year the Santander and Bilbao ferries do not run, or if they do it would be a very rough crossing? If we drive all the way through Spain and France is it a bit mind boggling or not too bad (we would want to avoid toll roads whenever possible!). Also when we take the dog for his pre travel stuff at the vet (he already has his pet passport!), how long would we actually have to get up to the U.K, and if we were delayed on the way, would we have to get the examination etc redone at a vet in France? I suppose I really need to know if this is do-able with dog in tow - we have never done this before and it is a bit confusing, so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!!

The ferry from Bilboa still runs throught he winter and seems a lot cheaper with these people - www.aferry.to/AT-ferries.htm - we are considering sailing one way and driving the other.

Comentario

We drive from the UK to Spain and back a couple of times a year with our dog. You have 48 hours from getting your dog treated at the vet until you check in at the ferry or eurotunnel, if you are any later the dog has to be treated again. The window of treatment must be no less less than 24 but no more than 48

We take our time with the journey as it is part of our holiday, but I would certainly try and arrange to see a vet in France to leave yourself enough time in case of any problems. You can find a vet by putting in www.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi click on flag for English, put in veterinary surgeon, town, click search. We have alway found the vets have spoken quite good English so no problems there, but do try to phone or fax before for an appointment.

Hope this helps. Gail

Comentario

Trabajando...
      X