Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

Which restaurant - LakeSide - The Pub - Floyds ?

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Which restaurant - LakeSide - The Pub - Floyds ?

Hi all,

Trying to get a good restaurant organised for a good Christmas dinner organised in early/mid December for a few friends and, due to many various factors, have narrowed it down to 3 :

The LakeSide at San Luis

The Pub at Benijofar

Floyds at La Mata

If you have personally had a meal in one of these restaurants, could you please comment on the quality of the food and how good the service was. Many thanks.

Any help appreciated.

Gameon.

Food

Had a Sunday roast at Floyds couple of weeks ago, was not impressed at all, had roasts at Lakeside and everything was superb, haven't been to The Pub, only for snacks but they were quite enjoyable.

Comentario

Re: Food

Originalmente publicado por quizmaster
      Had a Sunday roast at Floyds couple of weeks ago, was not impressed at all, had roasts at Lakeside and everything was superb, haven't been to The Pub, only for snacks but they were quite enjoyable.
      Many thanks for these comments - they are very much appreciated.

Has anyone else here tried any of the 3 mentioned ?

Gameon.

Comentario

Hi

I would definately recommend the Lakeside at San Luis, have been quite a few times now and always had an enjoyable time, food is great
        service is good, but remember that food is cooked fresh so can take a little big longer...... well worth the wait though! Went recently with some friends, one of which chose a steak off the menu, she asked if there were any sauces available and was told that basically she could choose what she liked and they would make it for her! Now that is good service!

Hope you get sorted!

Comentario

Hi Gameon,

Isn't it odd how different people have different views about restaurants ? I personally would not return to Lakeside unless it was FREE after the rubbish xmas day lunch we had there last year. I don't believe they know HOW to cope with more than a few. Why they took mass bookings is beyond me. They CERTAINLY took our euros xmas day & I'm not worried who I tell. Name & shame, I say, where MY hard earned money is concerned

Comentario

Has Lakeside changed hands since last xmas ?

Comentario

Tried the Pub and wouldn't go back again,poor food and no atmosphere. Felt like I was back in UK..sooo English but the name should have given me a clue really!

Comentario

Went to an organised do there after I posted and I must agree with JeansSis they can't cope with a lot of people at once and the whole evening was ruined because they said we hadn't booked a table for 10 people so split us up and put us in different parts of the room, and when we got a bit stoppy and insisted we had our names in the book they looked and there it was TABLE FOR 10, but no apology at first. They ran out of the special meal we were supposed to have because they were letting other diners who had not booked in and were serving them first, so unimpressed. They owner did apologise at the end of the evening. Wasn't terrible impressed with the Alpenband either. But saying this I still think they do a decent carvery.

Comentario

Take note, Gameon, take note. Lakeside cannot cope.

Comentario

Many thanks for the comments so far - they are all appreciated.

Don't worry, got the picture about the Lakeside.

The other one to stay well clear of, is Casa Nicholas, just along from where the Centrocan used to be. The owner Nancy, seemed to have major problems keeping to appointments or returning calls - amateurish would be the word.

Quizmaster - what was wrong with your Sunday roast at Floyds please ?

Anybody else tried Floyds bar in La Mata ?

Gameon.

Comentario

Sunday dinner

sunday roast at Floyds. They ran out of roast potatos but did,nt tell me just slopped up some instant mash, very lumpy too. Potato was hot but the rest had to be warmed with the gravy and not big portions of anything except the mash. we stayed as there was no where else at that time of night to go. The best Sunday dinner is still Sands but you have to book.

Richard

Comentario

Hi All

Well hopefully in about 5 weeks time I will be putting another posting on here saying that once again I've had another succesful and entertaining time at the Lakeside over Christmas and the New Year.

Greetings to you all!

Comentario

To "help needed"

Did you eat at Lakeside on christmas day 2005 If you did you are easily pleased or have something to do with the place as it was a ruined day, a rip off & we weren't the only ones who felt the same. In fact people walked out, having paid their 50% earlier in the year rather than stay, pay the balance BEFORE the meal was served & eat whatever was going to be served about 90 minutes after we were booked in for, which was 4pm (we had to pay the balance before we ate ) Lakeside weren't daft. They knew no one would cough up the balance after the pathetic meal so they held us all to ransom. We paid 48.95 euros each & THAT didn't even include a drink. They made us buy wine. Our friends asked for COLD red wine (which many people DO drink) & they gave them a bottle of tepid wine with a half pint glass filled with icecubes It was also very cold out in the awning.

Comentario

Lakeside

The organisation at Lakeside for large numbers of people is not at all good, if I were you "help needed" try somewhere else, and just go there for the Saturday nights when PDQ are playing.

Comentario

Hi All

Wanted to post a final reply, Im just home from a fantastic 10day stay in Torre, my Christmas Day was spent at Lakeside...... it was great

The ticket only gathering was very well organised, food was good, service excellent, entertainment fine, we arrived at 2.30pm and didnt leave until 10pm.

I am happy to say that after feeling aprehensive once I had read the posts on here, our Christmas Day at Lakeside was great!

Well done to the team at Lakeside, we certainly will be back!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X