Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CLAY SHOOTING

OK...will do!

and a couple of others have been in touch who would be interested as well...It seems that there may be the makings of a club looming!

Cheers

Mike

I guess the first thing is to check local rules regarding noise etc, ISTR in the UK you can have 12 or 15 shoots a year without planning permission, wonder if it's similar here.

Do grounds need to be licenced?

Also I guess it would be prudent to obtain the definitive rules on obtaining Spanish SGCs, importing guns from UK etc.

I know Beastess mentioned a ground near Cartagena, perhaps that would be worth a visit just to see how they go on in Spain. I used to shoot Ball Trap at Boss' ground on the outskirts of Borehamwood, quite a few Italians used to shoot there and they took it VERY seriously.

Lee

Default Clay Pigeon Shooting

Hi,

My husband would also be interested, he takes part in this sport occasionally in England. We have a holiday home near Playa Flamenca Orihuela Costa and visit there about 4 times a year. I will keep looking at this topic but just wanted to let you know another person would be interested.

Lesley Cowing

Excellent, the more the merrier...

Lee, I've fired out some questions to my Spanish cohorts and hopefully they will respond reasonably quickly...the problem they have have is the understanding of shooting clays...as they taste awful...

and my days where spent at what is now the Southern Counties Shooting ground but what used to simply be called the Clay Pigeon in Dorset. Skeet and Sporting proved to be my shortcoming albeit I loved Fitasc but simply was useless at it... Same applied to the DTL disciplines so maybe if all works well you can show me the tricks of ball trap...

Cheers

Mike

> Excellent, the more the merrier...

>Lee, I've fired out some questions to my Spanish cohorts and hopefully they will respond >reasonably quickly...the problem they have have is the understanding of shooting >clays...as they taste awful...

Very common attitude among Southern Europeans, you can convert them though )

>and my days where spent at what is now the Southern Counties Shooting ground but >what used to simply be called the Clay Pigeon in Dorset. Skeet and Sporting proved to be >my shortcoming albeit I loved Fitasc but simply was useless at it... Same applied to the >DTL disciplines so maybe if all works well you can show me the tricks of ball trap...

I only visited one Darzet club, about 20 years ago, somewhere near Matchams, forget what it was called though and only shot FITASC a dozen times, at Lea Valley SG in Hertford, some of my mates were quite keen but it always seemed a bit "formal" to me! Skeet is fun, used to shoot that at Chicksands Rod 'n Gun Club when the Yanks were there, you can imagine the p*ss taking you get using a 30" Beretta multichoke when everbody else is shooting sawn-offs! Must confess I've only done 25/25 on ABT a handful of times so I'm no expert!

At least the weather here is kinder, none of that trudging around in mud and snow lark, should be a lot of fun if we can get it going!

Lee

Lee, check the following link ref license etc.

rec.guns FAQ: II.B.2. The European Firearms Pass

Mike

TVM for that Mike.

Any idea whether it's a straightforward, by post, exercise or if the local FEO needs to visit?

I was quite surprised, at my last renewal, the FEO (who I've known for years) turned up and checked the serial number on my gun, never had that before despite owning the same one for around 20 years.

Lee

Default another for the list

another very interested husband reporting in! Please keep us in touch of any developments. Thanks- would it be worth putting this on general queries too? Must admit don't always go into special interest group even though I appreciate most appropriate for such a group.

Hi Guys. I have spoken to some Spanish friends regarding the licensing matter and they suggest that overall, it may be easier to acquire a Spanish Firearm Certificate (Shotgun, Airgun and .22 rifle) especially if it is intended to retain guns over here. I am arranging to meet with a Spanish administrator to ascertain exactly what is involved, required and the cost...I'll keep you posted.

If this proves a reasonable route to getting Spanish compliance then maybe we ought arrange a meeting of anyone interested in 'popping off at a few clays' to see if we can get a little private club going...Any thoughts?

Mike

Hi there is their a way you can buy a gun over here if so were? and what are the rules of keeping it at home, i use to own some small arms and rifles and had to have the bill come around to the house to inspect the safe. no problems with ammo i made my own.

Thanks

Marcadores