Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CLAY SHOOTING

Hi, it is with regard to the regulations of the GC (who apparently control firearms in Spain) that I am attempting to find out all the requirements. Mike

The 9 Spanish Firearms Licence types are

Licence A = Licencia de armas "A".

For Armed Forces, Police, Guardia etc. The licence lasts for the duration of active service. This licence allows the holder to use all categories of weapons and is also equivalent to all of licences: B,D,E,F, and AE.

Licence B

For individuals, personal protection, 1 arm of category 1, life of licence 3 years up to 60 years old, then 2 years up to 70 when it is 1 year.

Licence C

Security Guards. Licence lasts for time of service but photo renewal 5 yearly. Arms of categories: 1, 2.1 and 3.2. Guns only to be used on duty.

Licence D *Equivalent to a full bore rifle on an English FAC

Guns for big game hunting. Licence lasts for 5 years, up to 60 years old, then 2 years up to 70 when it is 1 year. Permits holding up to 5 arms of category 2.2 (fullbore rifles). Guns must be locked in safes etc.

Licence E *Equivalent to an English shotgun licence plus .22 rifle plus FAC rated airgun.

Guns for small game hunting. Licence lasts for 5 years, up to 60 years old, then 2 years up to 70 when it is 1 year. Permits holding up to max 6 firearms of category 3.1 (.22 rifle), max 6 firearms of category 3.2 (shotgun), max 12 firearms of category 3.3 (FAC rated airgun), maximum of 12 arms of category 7.2 (crossbow), maximum of 12 arms of category 7.3 (line launching gun). Always the total number of arms held may not exceed 12.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikea View Post

Licence A = Licencia de armas "A".

For Armed Forces, Police, Guardia etc. The licence lasts for the duration of active service. This licence allows the holder to use all categories of weapons and is also equivalent to all of licences: B,D,E,F, and AE.

Licence B

For individuals, personal protection, 1 arm of category 1, life of licence 3 years up to 60 years old, then 2 years up to 70 when it is 1 year.

Licence C

Security Guards. Licence lasts for time of service but photo renewal 5 yearly. Arms of categories: 1, 2.1 and 3.2. Guns only to be used on duty.

Licence D *Equivalent to a full bore rifle on an English FAC

Guns for big game hunting. Licence lasts for 5 years, up to 60 years old, then 2 years up to 70 when it is 1 year. Permits holding up to 5 arms of category 2.2 (fullbore rifles). Guns must be locked in safes etc.

Licence E *Equivalent to an English shotgun licence plus .22 rifle plus FAC rated airgun.

Guns for small game hunting. Licence lasts for 5 years, up to 60 years old, then 2 years up to 70 when it is 1 year. Permits holding up to max 6 firearms of category 3.1 (.22 rifle), max 6 firearms of category 3.2 (shotgun), max 12 firearms of category 3.3 (FAC rated airgun), maximum of 12 arms of category 7.2 (crossbow), maximum of 12 arms of category 7.3 (line launching gun). Always the total number of arms held may not exceed 12.

Mike
    Thanks for the info, do you know how easy it is to apply for the licences and what process you need to go through?
    I will be comming to live in spain later this year and bringing my Air Rifle with me and i belive it reqires a Fac as it is 20ftlb and i want to stay on the right side of the law
    I would also be interested in clay shooting if it can be set up.

Default clay shooting

I am here for a couple of weeks.We own property and come and go. I shoot at home and would also be interested in helping to set up, or just attend, a shoot.

Let me know if I can help or just keep me informed of what may be happening.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

Glad to see you're making progress...

Have you heard anything about swapping a UK SGC for the Spanish equivalent? I've heard that there's some kind of similar system to the driving licences and that you can (if resident here) swap your UK licence for a Spanish one, any idea if it's true or not?

Lee

Default Clay Shooting

Hi Lee,

I'll make a point of checking that out when I speak with the administrator...but it probably won't be until later in the week as things are pretty busy at the moment.

Cheers

Mike

Question Clay Shooting

Can anyone tell me the latest re clubs up and running. I hold shotgun certficate in UK. I have holiday home near Emerald Isle (La Florida area) and visit several times a year but would obviously need to use a club gun etc.

Hi...just a quick update...I've spoken to the Gestoria previously mentioned and he is going to research all requirements for me, including: -

UK Shotgun Certificate use in Spain?
    International Firearms Certificates?
    Spanish Shotgun/ Firearms licensing

plus

Clay Shooting ground (Temp) regs in Spain
    Land owner requirements
    Noise problems or issues
    Insurance

As soon as I have some further info I will report it.

Mike

Thumbs up

Thankyou for that, not being a sun worshiper like my wife or having any interest in golf or other sports I will watch with great anticipation....

Hi...just a quick update...I've spoken to the Gestoria previously mentioned and he is going to research all requirements for me, including: -

<snip>

As soon as I have some further info I will report it.

Mike
    Sounds like you've got it well under control Mike but if there's anything I can do to help just let me know. I did PM you on the other site BTW.

Lee

Marcadores