CLAY SHOOTING

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Could be fun...would probably be great if a few 'clay reprobates' (or others) got together!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Mikea Ver Mensaje
      Hi Lee,

Changes in my circumstances require that I am now 'almost commuting' to and fro between the UK and Spain on a weekly basis so I've had little time to really do anything...but if anyone should pick up the baton please keep me posted as I still would like to get some serious 'clay busting' time in!...
      Bummer

If I had any idea where to start or what to do I would, knowing my luck I'd end up in jail for getting the paperwork wrong.

WRT laser clays, I've tried it and don't like it, somehow just feels all wrong, AND it really mucks up your leads when you go back to the regular stuff.

Lee

Comentario

Hi Lee,

I'm not too sure if anyone really knows their way through all the Spanish 'red tape' but I'll still keep trying (albeit it may take a little longer due to work load) however, I do not intend to give up...

By the way, I have thought about purchasing a few manual traps just to throw a few clays on weekends...Fairly inexpensive and I believe a few landowners could be interested in not only allowing it on their land but also taking part...

Just the licensing and supplies then to be considered???

Cheers

Mike

Comentario

Clay shooting

Just an update really.....

Since the last posting on this one I've made progress! I found a clay shooting ground near Alicante run by a father and son team, the son, David, speaks excellent English and is extremely helpful. David arranged to obtain a "Tarjeta Federativa Tipo" for me and advised on how to obtain a Spanish licence.
          As I'm in Orihuela Costa I went to the GC station at Pilar, only to be told that fireams licencing is done at the GC station in Torrevieja.
          Some 4 visits later I obtained and completed the forms, took my Passport, Tarjeta Federativa Tipo, Residencia, Medical Certificate and EFP with photocopies to the GC and was given a 3 month temporary licence. I gather that the full one will arrive sometime in the next couple of months!

Fingers crossed

Lee B

Comentario

Hi Lee,

Sounds good... can I ask what is the name of the ground / club and whereabouts is it?

Mike

Comentario

Hi Mike,

The ground is called "Club Caza y Tiro Tang" at least that's what it says on the "Tarjeta Federativa Tipo" and is in the hills a few Kms inland from Alicante, quite easy to find once you've been there and about 45 mins from Torrevieja.

The shooting is a bit strange at first, 9 shooting positions in groups of 3 (you move 3 times) in a semicircle, and about 6 electric traps, you get combinations of singles and doubles which are shot from different angles (6 trap skeet?) Juan (David's dad) works the trap release and fills in the scorecards, it's very challenging shooting though!

Have also found a decent gunshop in Pilar, cartridges are expensive in this country, cost €180 for 1,000, bit cheaper than the ground though where they're €5 a box.

I've got David's contact details if you want them!

Lee

Comentario

Hi Lee,

I'm not too sure if anyone really knows their way through all the Spanish 'red tape' but I'll still keep trying (albeit it may take a little longer due to work load) however, I do not intend to give up...

By the way, I have thought about purchasing a few manual traps just to throw a few clays on weekends...Fairly inexpensive and I believe a few landowners could be interested in not only allowing it on their land but also taking part...

Just the licensing and supplies then to be considered???

Mike
                Just to clarify a few points in your earlier post Mike,

It boils down to, if you're UK resident, get the (free) EFP from your UK licencing authority, take your gun and EFP to the GC in Torre, they check your gun (just serial no and proof marks) stamp the EFP and that's you done.

If you have a UK SGC but are resident in Spain you take your SGC, EFP, Residencia, Passport, Tarjeta Federativa Tipo with copies and a Medical certificate (very easy, like the Driving Licence one but it says Armas on the top) to the GC, fill in a couple of forms, pay €10.68 into the bank and the give you a temporary licence for 3 months to cover the time it takes them to do the checks and produce the permanent licence.

It's fairly painless and there is an interpreter (free) on duty at the GC station to help you if (like me) your Spanish is a bit iffy.

Lee

Comentario

Hi Lee...

Yes, I would appreciate the contact info please and the ground work upon the SGC data is brilliant, many thanks...

Mike

Comentario

Hi Lee...

Yes, I would appreciate the contact info please and the ground work upon the SGC data is brilliant, many thanks...

Mike
                    Hi Mike,

The guy to speak to is David Berenguer, tel (0034) 617989977 or email tiroalicante@terra.es

He also runs Alicante Shooting Breaks (same contact details) who do inclusive trips, I gather he meets people at the airport, gets their guns sorted paperwork wise, takes them to a hotel, out to dinner, shooting etc, details at Alicante Shooting Breaks - Home - Alicante Shooting Breaks ~ Costa Blanca

Lee

Comentario

Just wondering if anyone interested in or who contributed to this thread was still looking for a bit of clay shooting, if so most Brits can be found at the ground on (late) Saturday mornings, drop me a line if you need details or directions.

Lee

Comentario

A very belated Hi Lee,

My apologies for not responding for quite a while but I actually left Spain coming up to a year ago now... and relocated jointly to the UK and Malta to get eltel.tv up and running effectively...

So I now get my clay shooting in both the UK and Malta grounds plus I've just completed my target A license in Malta allowing me to range shoot carbines, pistols and revolvers!

Out of interest, for the new eltel.tv structure, we are composing some 'all new' field sport channels that will include all forms of competition shooting, archery, fishing etc so if there is anything you want to suggest, please put it forward...

Cheers & best regards

Mike

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X