Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• CLAY SHOOTING

hi, i have recently moved to `spain permantly and was wondering as to where i can shoot clays, im quiet into rabbits but dont the law about carrying my gun in public.
    i currently hold a british permit as well as the eu issue,
    could you please help as im wanting to shoot but worried of breaking the law.
    thankyou
    mart

Comentario

I see this is quite an old thread but did you have any joy Mart?

I too have a UK shotgun certificate and would love to find a club over here. I was told that a UK SGC was valid in the EU but if staying permanently you can ask to "swap" it for a Spanish cert in a similar way to a driving licence, dunno how true that is though.

Lee B

Comentario

If anyone finds out any info regarding a local clay shooting club, then please let me know...I've missed the joys so much that I ended up taking up golf!!! (but those blooming little white balls are so much harder to hit on a pair of left and right crossers!!!)

Seriously, I made inquiries to my old local Police Firearms Officer back in Lancing and was advised to apply for a European Shotgun License and then simply to take this to the local Authority (Guardia Civil) to have it verified and stamped as accepted in Spain (and this was after I had confirmed that I actually reside in Spain)

Does anyone know any different?

Of course, should enough people be interested, a club could be arranged with it.s own mobile traps etc....just a thought!

Comentario

Several years ago I applied for a job that requiered me to carry a firearms. I was then told that I would need a permit and to obtain this I needed Spanish nationality. But this was around 10 years ago, might have changed now.

Comentario

I couldn't be bothered with golf, and must confess I've not heard of the Euro Certificate.

Would be very interested in seeing if a club could be set up locally if one doesn't already exist, bet the Spanish would love English Sporting too, as far as I can see the Spanish and Italians only seem to shoot the trap disciplines.

I do know of at least one other Brit looking for some clay shooting, bet there's hundreds in this area.

Lee B

Comentario

I'm trying to locate the document I was sent regarding the license...when (if!) I find it I'll advise accordingly...

There have been quite a number of people ask the question so getting hold of a few traps and setting up a couple of layouts could be good fun...I'm pretty sure I know a land owner near Pilar that would allow the use of his ground...

Comentario

Ta for that.

I suppose what we would need first is a fluent Spanish speaker to deal with the authorities to see what the regulations are, knowing Spain there's bound to be a mountain of paperwork to climb.

I'm certainly game to give it a go though!

Sometime ago I asked my solicitor about the legalities of permanently exporting a shotgun from the UK and it seems you need some kind of Home Office permit.

I would imagine the Spanish would have similar "safe keeping" rules as the UK for guns.

Lee B

Comentario

de nada...

I'll do some digging and also get my Spanish friends onto it as well.

Comentario

Excellent,

If you need to get in touch my email is lb@elbee.org.

Lee B

Comentario

OK...will do!

and a couple of others have been in touch who would be interested as well...It seems that there may be the makings of a club looming!

Cheers

Mike

Comentario

I guess the first thing is to check local rules regarding noise etc, ISTR in the UK you can have 12 or 15 shoots a year without planning permission, wonder if it's similar here.

Do grounds need to be licenced?

Also I guess it would be prudent to obtain the definitive rules on obtaining Spanish SGCs, importing guns from UK etc.

I know Beastess mentioned a ground near Cartagena, perhaps that would be worth a visit just to see how they go on in Spain. I used to shoot Ball Trap at Boss' ground on the outskirts of Borehamwood, quite a few Italians used to shoot there and they took it VERY seriously.

Lee

Comentario

Clay Pigeon Shooting

Hi,

My husband would also be interested, he takes part in this sport occasionally in England. We have a holiday home near Playa Flamenca Orihuela Costa and visit there about 4 times a year. I will keep looking at this topic but just wanted to let you know another person would be interested.

Lesley Cowing

Comentario

Excellent, the more the merrier...

Lee, I've fired out some questions to my Spanish cohorts and hopefully they will respond reasonably quickly...the problem they have have is the understanding of shooting clays...as they taste awful...

and my days where spent at what is now the Southern Counties Shooting ground but what used to simply be called the Clay Pigeon in Dorset. Skeet and Sporting proved to be my shortcoming albeit I loved Fitasc but simply was useless at it... Same applied to the DTL disciplines so maybe if all works well you can show me the tricks of ball trap...

Cheers

Mike

Comentario

> Excellent, the more the merrier...

>Lee, I've fired out some questions to my Spanish cohorts and hopefully they will respond >reasonably quickly...the problem they have have is the understanding of shooting >clays...as they taste awful...

Very common attitude among Southern Europeans, you can convert them though )

>and my days where spent at what is now the Southern Counties Shooting ground but >what used to simply be called the Clay Pigeon in Dorset. Skeet and Sporting proved to be >my shortcoming albeit I loved Fitasc but simply was useless at it... Same applied to the >DTL disciplines so maybe if all works well you can show me the tricks of ball trap...

I only visited one Darzet club, about 20 years ago, somewhere near Matchams, forget what it was called though and only shot FITASC a dozen times, at Lea Valley SG in Hertford, some of my mates were quite keen but it always seemed a bit "formal" to me! Skeet is fun, used to shoot that at Chicksands Rod 'n Gun Club when the Yanks were there, you can imagine the p*ss taking you get using a 30" Beretta multichoke when everbody else is shooting sawn-offs! Must confess I've only done 25/25 on ABT a handful of times so I'm no expert!

At least the weather here is kinder, none of that trudging around in mud and snow lark, should be a lot of fun if we can get it going!

Lee

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X