CLAY SHOOTING

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Cheers Lee! I must give him a ring tomorrow and see how he's doing.

Have not received your pm by the way?

Mike

Comentario

Just to say that I have not forgotten about sorting out the legal bits just been a wee bit busy elsewhere (trying to earn a crust) at the moment!

Comentario

My Partner and I regularly come to Torre and enjoy the occasional bit of clay shooting in the UK, on a very informal fun and enjoyable basis. We would both like to be able to do some in Spain when there but obviously don't have guns and so would need to borrow / hire.
        I would imagine there should be a potentially large market for a club offering lessons, 'walk-in' shooting, competitions etc. if in the right location and setting. The establishment we use in Wales has gone from a somewhat amateur set-up 10 years ago to quite a nice little business for its new owner, and attracts shooters from all over the UK and has regular visitors from abroad. One keen chap spends 2 weeks there every year........commitment or what.
        We are prepared to travel the 4 hours there simply because of the setting and the current owner.

There's your challenge someone!!!!!!!!!1

Comentario

I asked a general question in my local fishing shop in Cartagena which also sells guns. I was told that anyone joining a club like the Tiro Olimpico in Media Legua just outside Cartagena would be given help getting the right paperwork.

Comentario

Finally, following the eternal delay I have some information regarding the acquisition of the relevant E9 (shotgun) license...and the necessary National shooting permit (for clay shooting only...Hunting licenses are issued per province)

For those holding a UK Shotgun license... it is necessary to register the license in Spain and to acquire a Federation of Olympic Sports permit (allowing the transport and shooting of Clay targets throughout Spain)

Individually, this price could be as much as 400 euros but as a group, I have worked a fixed price of 135 euros inclusive of all applicable taxes. (You are able to do this yourself and I would suspect a bit cheaper but from my own point of view, I wouldn't have a clue where to go or where to start!)

For those without a license of any type, it is necessary to sit an examination (yikes) in Alicante (in Spanish, but you are allowed to take an approved translator). The exam is 20 questions out of 500 with an 80% pass mark required and simply covers simple gun handling knowledge...(I am told!) This exam apparently costs and additional 90 euros to the above...

I am also awaiting a listing of all Clay and Trap events taking place in Spain over the next few months so as soon as it arrives, I will advise...but I am acquiring a few traps to set up some local friendly (and have-a-go) sessions within the next couple of months (I hope)

If anyone wants any further details or wants to become involved in this, please let me know...

Cheers.

Mike

Comentario

Lee...are you still about?

Comentario

A simple question regarding 'Sporting Clays'...if a simple easily accessible Clay Shoot where to be set up with a 'try it out' scenario providing the guns, cartridges and clays for say 10 Euros (Men & Women) , how many people would be interested?

Also, on a similar basis if a weekly 30 bird sporting layout was set out with beginner, intermediate and experienced levels costing say 25 Euros...(including clays and cartridges) would anyone be interested in this also?

We are forming a club for those interested.

Comentario

Hi Mike, yes still about, don't visit this forum much though.

Will try to do better!

Lee

Comentario

Hi Lee,

Glad to see you are still around but I understand what you are saying about the site!!!

Unfortunately it looks as though most of those that showed intrest before have either the same opinion or have joined the exodus but we intend to progress anyway...so some hand traps are on order and some land owners contacted!

I've also been having a look at the laser clay shooting situation and will be trying it out over the next week or so...Whilst I don't think it replaces the 'real thing' it certainly looks interesting as a low cost bit of fun...Have you ever tried it out?

Anyhow, I'll keep you updated but I'm not sure whether or not I have your email...can you pm it to me on the other site...

Cheers

Mike

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Mikea Ver Mensaje
                      Hi Lee,

Unfortunately it looks as though most of those that showed intrest before have either the same opinion or have joined the exodus but we intend to progress anyway...so some hand traps are on order and some land owners contacted!

I've also been having a look at the laser clay shooting situation and will be trying it out over the next week or so...Whilst I don't think it replaces the 'real thing' it certainly looks interesting as a low cost bit of fun...Have you ever tried it out?

Anyhow, I'll keep you updated but I'm not sure whether or not I have your email...can you pm it to me on the other site...
                      Hi Mike

Don't worry, I can think of several keen folk on my Urb, and good news spreads fast!

Keep away from laser clays, you mess up your target perception and leads, I used to help out with novice training and "Corporate Days" when we used it my shooting went down the pan for months after (

My email is LB at ELBEE dot ORG (caps for clarity only and change the "at" and "dot" obviously) if you drop me a line I'll give you my landline and mobile nos. Am in Scotland ATM at the g/fs house but home (Ryannair permitting) tomorrow evening. Maybe meet up for a beer/chat sometime soon, the other site seems to be down ATM.

Lee

Comentario

For those holding a UK Shotgun license... it is necessary to register the license in Spain and to acquire a Federation of Olympic Sports permit (allowing the transport and shooting of Clay targets throughout Spain)
                        Any idea if we would still need to have a UK SGC Mike? Mine runs out next year and renewing it whilst living in Spain could be a right palaver!

In an ideal world it would be nice just to swap it for a Spanish one!

Lee

Comentario

Lee,

To acquire a Spanish SGL it is necessary to attend an appropriate GC Station and take an examination (albeit that allegedly one is able to take a translator) but it covers the basics of gun handling, knowledge and safety.

If you are permanently in Spain without a UK address then this may be the only option. In my case, my license has expired so in speaking with the Sussex Firearms Officer regarding this, as I have a UK address I can make my application for renewal and the European Firearms Pass based upon that, then I can simply register my license with the GC over here...However, I intend to sit for the Spanish license regardless just to check out the difficulties involved.

ps. I have also replied to your pm.

Cheers

Mike

Comentario

However, I intend to sit for the Spanish license regardless just to check out the difficulties involved.

Mike
                            Any more progress Mike?

Lee

Comentario

Hi Lee,

Changes in my circumstances require that I am now 'almost commuting' to and fro between the UK and Spain on a weekly basis so I've had little time to really do anything...but if anyone should pick up the baton please keep me posted as I still would like to get some serious 'clay busting' time in!...

Comentario

Not sure if you know this or even if it's of interest. "La Pedrera" on the edge of the Embalse de Pedrera, on the road to Orihuela, does Laser Clay shooting. Not as good as the real thing I know but it might be a fun outing.
                                Regards, Jeff.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                                X