X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• professional musicians

We have tried this forum a few times without luck, so, one last try

We are looking for a drummer and vocalist to join the band.

We dont mind what age these people are, but they MUST have the following:

Equipment, (singers, that means your own P.A. and microphones)
    Transport, (availabilty to be away from this area for periods of time)
    Commitment to reherse and learn.
    A clean passport as we are planning tours of UK,Europe etc.
    Sense of humour
    Singers preferably have had some experiance before but not neccessary (stagefright is a terrible thing!)
    Drummers, please hit your drums hard, loud and in time. We dont need Jazz heads or 15 minuite drum solos.

The music?
    Well you might have guessed by the name, the band is called SNIDE. We have played a few local gigs, playing 'old school' covers ie Sex Pistols, Undertones, Green Day etc. However, the venues for this music in this area is limited, as the bar owners are scared of the for letter word, 'PUNK'!
    We will still be available to play these gigs if anyone wants to book us.

We are now concentrating on writing our own material, with a view to make in impact on the larger market.

So ther you have it. Are you GOOD enough? Do you DARE enough? Are you SNIDE enough?

Nobby

Don't know if it's still going but there was a punk/ alternative night on at the Alleykatz bar in Torrevieja on Friday or Saturday night (can't quite remember which day) so it might be good to put up an advert there.

Comentario

professional musicians

Thanks

Been there, done that, many times.......It is/was held on Friday nights, havn't been for a few weeks, cos they tend to play metal/goth more than the style we are looking to play.

Thanks anyway.

Whats your interest in the music?

Comentario

Hi,
        My interest in the music is being a 40 something ex punk! A friend of mine was DJing on these nights during the summer (i've got a holiday flat out in Torrevieja but live in London) I must admit that we spent most of the time there sitting outside the bar being very impressed by how pale the teenage Spanish Goths managed to keep their faces in the height of summer. Hope you find your musos.

Comentario

punk drummer

hi snide can you send me some mp3s of your music ,im planning on moving to costa blanca some time in new year.im 35yrs old,i write melodies ,lyrics in spanish & english as i like bands like sublime , my main instrument is the drums but i can also play a little piano.if a song needed some samples.can you tell me a bit about yourselves.
          cheers dave.

Comentario

professional drummer

hi, thanks for the reply

We dont have any mp3 stuff now, as we are just writing and recording, the studio we're recording at has had probs,but soon!

As far as style, a mix between, ramones, rancid, uk subs, pistols as well as many other influences.

We have interest from a label(gabba gabba hey productions) and a poss tour of Poland/Slovakia in the pipeline.

Age aint a problem, i'm 43! others are in their 20's.

Tell us more about you......my email/msn is snidepunk@hotmail.com, when you due to move out, kit etc.

Cheers

Nobby

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X