Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Contraception!

Hi, we have been living here for 4 months now & we are still not registerd with a doctor... we have been told different stories about registering but because we are currently renting near Carrefour until our property at Lo Crispin, nr Quesada, is ready, we seem to be considered to be an 'awkward case'... We both work - I have an Employment Contract, a Social Security Certificate, & an NIE number but we have not yet signed on the Padron... I am shortly going to need a prescription for contraception so if anyone can tell me the SIMPLE way to do this, I would be extremely grateful! No ninos wanted at this moment in time!

I assume you are talking about 'the pill'.

If so, all I did was take a packet of my ones that I had left from the UK woth me into a Farmacia and they sold me how ever many packets I wanted. Unbelievably no blood tests, questions or checks!!!

HTH

Comentario

Thanks for your response... I will certainly try that although I have been told by my colleagues that I will need a prescription. Which Farmacia did you go to? Cheers, Andi.

Comentario

Unfortunatley the Farmacia that I went to has now closed down and I havent needed to go back yet.

I was told on a nother forum that this is what I could do and didnt need a prescription, however this was last summer so perhaps rules have changed??

Best bet would be to take the packet into a farmacia and try, they will tell you straight away if you need to see a doctor or get a prescription. I once needed something as i had an ear infection and one Farmacia said they could not give me anything for my ear without me seeing a doctor and then I went to another Farmacia and they gave me drops without a prescription so........

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Comentario

Comentario

Take your packet to the farmacia (i did this in Quesada) and they will usually sell you them.

However they are not free like in the UK, and mine cost me 25 euros for a 3 months pack

Comentario

Thats right, I forgot to add thats its not free

Still baffkes me though that you dont have to get your blood pressure checked for it, my old GP was a real stickler for it and when my blood pressure was high a few years ago after having my daughter they wouldnt put me on my old prescrition because of it!!

Comentario

Contraception!

Thank you... I have tried a few farmacias in Torrevieja - no luck! I'll try the one in Quesada... fingers crossed!

Comentario

The one at La Zenia is pretty relaxed on what it sells over the counter. Failing that, it may be worth paying for one private doctors consultation to get the prescription?

Comentario

Contraception

Hi Andi

Try the farmacia at Los Balcones, I tried 5-6 different ones to obtain my HRT, they all said they could not help. The one at Los Balcones, looked at the empty packet and then appeared with an equivelent. Give them at try.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                    X