Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Hand reared Cockatiel

I know this is a daft question but does anybody know where I can get a hand-reared cockatiel. I miss my PJ from the UK.

John

No idea, but I suppose you could ask at Pets World if they know of any breeders.

Were you not able to bring your bird because of restrictions due to bird flu? It must have been heartbreaking to leave him behind. We saw several poor parrots which had been dumped (and I mean dumped) at the National Parrot Sanctuary immediately the bird flu virus hit the headlines, even though none of them were likely to have been in any contact whatsoever with any wild birds. It was really sad.

Comentario

No WendyH, it wasn`t quite like that. We`ve been living here fo seven years now. In the UK we both worked shift work and to have a cockatiel shouting at the top his voice " Good Morning" when I home at 4 in the morning didn`t endear us to our neighbours. So he went to a good home. Never-the-less he was very tame and was very affectionate...in fact we had three. Not all at once, but they were all called PJ ! We were up in Gandia for a day out and we saw a extremely tame one in a shop. Now my wife wants another one. But it must be hand reared. Where is Pets World by the way ?

Comentario

Hi Jaycee

Pets World, at least the one I know, is behind the Haberneras Centre, which is next to Carrefours, in Torrevieja. I believe there are other Pets Worlds around though.

My daughter used to have two hand-reared conures so I do understand your reasons for wanting a hand-reared bird. Not sure if too many people do that here.

Just as a point of interest, some weeks ago when I was walking along the front in Torrevieja I saw a Spanish man walking along with a parrot on his shoulder! Obviously a very tame parrot although I wouldn't be surprised if it'd had its wings clipped.

Comentario

Thanks for the info Wendy. Can`t say I `ve seen it and we vistit the Habeneras often. Cockatiels need to be hand reared because they can be quite vicious. Like most parrots I suppose. I`ll let you know how we get on.

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X