Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your idea of a great bar

Default Your idea of a great bar

Hola to all,
    What makes a great night out ? I am going to open a new bar soon , and are in negotiations with my architect as to the style and type of design required .I am looking to attract regulars from our urb as well as Spaniards and holiday makers alike. Would like to know your thoughts on all aspects including type of entertainment etc...... but absolutely draw the line at karaoke

hope you've researched this well mate - so many go t*ts up!

annoying things -
    "Irish" prices, karaoke, out of control kids, miserable staff, not calling "last orders"

good things -
    keep it cheapish, serve good reasonably priced food (talk of serving big portions spreads like wildfire!), give the kids something to do i.e playstation etc..., call "last orders"

Overall I would say try to make a bit off alot of people rather that alot of a few!

hopefully of some use!

Hola, I have been visiting Torrevieja and surrounding areas for about six years now and what i cannot find is a nice bar wear you can take your wife/ girlfriend , wear you can dress up smart casual, not shorts t/shirt. Light music in the background so everyone can talk to each other not shout.
    gooders

Forgot to mention no children, you have got to be different from everyone else as the previous reply said, remember its your money.

It is about time bar owners realise that there are a lot of customers who enjoy a night out with a bit of class, why does everyone think we want quizzes, kareoke and darts, I agree, let's have somewhere where we can dress up, even holiday makers usually bring some smart clothes with them, I find it is the residents who can't be bothered to get out of their shorts

Its good to hear that most comments seem to cement our own thoughts. Good simple cheap and quick food , freshly cooked and all home made. The emphasis being kept on the fact that we are predominantly a pub , not a restaurant. We also want a good pub atmosphre , not a bingo hall nightclub where pople struggle to have a conversation.
    You are right about a childrns area as well , keeping them contained in one part is a sensible idea because the unit is large enough to accomodate it. Thanks for all your input
    We have indeed done our homework and planned this since our urb was but a field.

One night possible Friday Pool competition €10 entry winner takes all,maximum 64 entrants. Saw this in Greece packed out each entrant brought many drinkers.They drift off when their men got knocked out but a great early evening moneyspinner

You want decent beer that is reasonably priced and a food menu that is simple and serves wholesome food. Nice comfortable chairs that you can relax in and don't need to get up from as you will be employing waiters who will cater for all the customers needs. A large outside area will also be a must. No Karaoke No drunks and kids to be kept under control. A quiz night once a week will do no harm and you will need to invest in sky sports.

I, agree Sky is a must , but I don't want it to dominate the place , so many pubs have it blaring out when ther'es nothing on.
    Love the idea of the early evening pool tournament , adds an edge to the part between afternoon and evening , especially for holiday makers.
    Table service for the comfy sofa area is also a good idea , we are thinking of putting two leather suites around a large coffee table for relaxed meetings of clubs etc.
    Thank you for all these suggestions and keep them coming folks , got another 4 weeks to decide on style and layout.

wheres this bar going to be? san pedro

i think the most classy bar in torrevieja area is vip lounge by the puchini group its at cabo roig next to the italian affair, take a look for some ideas.

Marcadores