Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• SOMEONE must know.......

I have a home close to Torrevieja and my husband and I are thinking of relocating due to an offer of employment, problem is...... I have a 22 yr old son who is mentally ill and has no chance of ever working. If I leave him here he will have nothing and no-one and obviously will require more extensive input from S.Sevices.

We love and care for our son but it seems that his benefits are not transferrable and we will have to financially support him which I dont think we can manage,

Do we put our life on hold, reject a son, or does someone over there know if there is any form of help/benefit we would be entitled to?

I have tried emailing/telephoning benefit depts/jobcentre plus etc etc and no-one gives me any hope.......... Where can I get more information as I cannot reject my son but I also want a life!

Hi
    Why not try your soliciter here in Spain for advice as to who you should turn to after all we are all in the EU. Also have you trid your EUMP or whatever they call them. You could also write to the Costa Blanca News readers letters page asking for advice.
    Best of luck Simmy

Comentario

Thanks

Thank you Simmy,
      I never thought of my Spanish solicitor!

Thanks also for the good wishes.
      Teresa

Comentario

someone must know

Hi teresa

Assume you have checked re transfer of your sons benefits as some benefits are definately transferable.
        For info and assistance here why not contact the HELP organisation to see what is available for your son. Sorry dont have contact info for them to hand but if you look at the Costa Blanca News on line, im sure their details will be listed.

Good luck
        Jackie

Comentario

Thanks Jackie,
          yes, I have checked the benefit offices etc and his benefits are not transferrable!

The HELP organisation is exactly what I need THANKSm I shall check it out,

Teresa

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X