X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• How easy is it to register UK car in Spain

Hi,
    has anyone any advice on registering a UK car in Spain, as looking to bring car over and leaving it with view to flying in future.
    Thanks

We are driving to Spain in March and leaving our car there. As the actual process of getting the lights changed and registering the car on Spanish plates seems quite complicated....... if your Spanish is not good, we have decided to pay someone to do it. We chose a firm from an advert in the Costa Blanca News. We are assured, they do everything including getting the car tested etc. I don't know if it will be ok but we have been impressed so far with the advice and support. Have a look at their website. http://carregcostablanca.com/. They also reply the same or next day to any emails. Wish us luck!

Comentario

Hi Pat
      I am thinking of taking a car over to Spain and leaving it there. I have had a look at the web site, They look ok. Can you post on here when your are sorted to let us know how it went Thanks. Best of luck

Comentario

Comentario

UK Car in Spain

Better to buy in Spain - less hassle - see below:

Hi All..... Re British cars in Spain ..To reiterate some of what has already been said and to try and stop people getting on the wrong side of the law......
          British cars should not be in Spain for longer than six months without evidence of having left the country and returned during that time..The police who do regular road checks are pulling over mainly British registered cars .. If they find that they are illegal they have the power to confiscate and destroy them... I think you will find that the rules are the same in the uk...or in fact any EU country..
          If you wish to keep your British car over here there are several companies who advertise that they will re-register your car and change the headlights .. These are often advertised in the freeby newspapers , including Yogesh K.Dave Who is not far outside Los Montesinos as previously said , and he is quite good.. Despite the name he is an English garage..The cost of this service seems to vary between Eight Hundred and a Thousand Euros
          The only drawback is that you may find it awkward if your car is right hand drive...The price of new cars here is cheaper than the uk , but the second hand cars hold their price and may even be a little more expensive than the uk.
          I was with Linea Directa for a couple of years but had a quote from Knights which was quite a bit cheaper.. I phoned Linea Directa who are located in Madrid and told them that i had decided to change .. They said that they would match Knights quote.. I said if they could do it then they should have done it in the first place .. I said i thought that was bad business practice so i was gonna change anyway which i did .Knights have offices in La Zenia and Torrevieja
          ITV,s, Spanish MOT.. (IVA is the same as the uk VAT).. cost around Forty Four Euros and will last anything from one year to two years depending on the age and condition of your car.. Car Tax will also vary according to the fuel used and size of your engine. A small petrol car could cost Twelve Euros whereas a large Diesil car could cost One hundred and Ten Euros.... If you do decide to re-register your British cars here and your MOT runs out meantime .. The Spanish ITV station will do an ITV but will only date it for Six Months max to give you time to complete your change over.
          Just to say it wouldnt be wise to drive a British registered car around in Spain if its been here over Six Months..
          I hope this clrifies it all .....

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X