Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Air

HHHMMMMMM I am not sure you have a very good grasp of the English language! How can you be money grabbing when you are paying?

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleone
    HHHMMMMMM I am not sure you have a very good grasp of the English language! How can you be money grabbing when you are paying?
    Im sorry I used the wrong term.I should have said skinflint.You are travelling with two kids Ryanair allow you priority boarding for a two and a half hour flight.(Just close your eyes and relax it will soon be over) I carry hand luggage only, yet have to pay £4 each way for the same privilage which I am happy to do since it saves me queuing at the check in,although I am saving Ryainair employing staff to check me in. It is your choice,if you want the extra fluffy bits,pay more,if you want a cheap flight with the most modern aircraft in the air today,Ryanair

To be honest I don't think they are that cheap, certainly not in the school holidays and the ticket price is not the main issue for me. It is the way they try and make money out of you for every little thing even if it is bordering on the illegal! i.e you are allowed 20kg of luggage each. coming back from spain mine was 23kg my wifes 15kg that is OK as we are 2 kg under the agreed weight. Oh no it is per item of luggage therefore a 20E charge. Cheap and near illegal shot. I used to fly with Fly be from Southampton until I had to move, they put Ryan Air to shame, far better, treat people fairly and not too expensive.

I have a choice: Ryanair from Murcia, or EasyJet from Alicante. Ryanair are always considerably cheaper than EasyJet. EasyJet have a policy of overbooking and, despite arriving at check-in in good time, I have been refused boarding. This was at 6.00 am. at Stansted. I was then told that the mid-day flight was also overbooked! The earliest they could get me from Stansted to Alicante was that evening!! Ryanair have a policy of not overbooking so as long as I arrive before check-in closes I can fly! No contest. Ryanair wins hands down.

Default Watch the Luggage!

Just been reading the small print for our next trip and have spotted that the cunning boffins at Ryan Air have now reduced the luggage weight to 15kg. Very clever, you can only 2/3 fill a suitcase to keep under 15kg, therefore even when paying the extra they have a good chance to charge you extra! Oh well you have a 10kg limit for hand luggage, as long as you can fit it in a 50cm x 30cm bag. It is all getting very tidious indeed!

excess baggage has got to be the biggest scam ever invented by the airlines - if they're so worried about the aircraft's weight why don't they ever weigh the passengers? - just a blatent money making racket!

My local UK airport is Bristol and so its easyJet or swim for me.
    The time before last when I attempted to return to Spain the flight was cancelled due to severe storms.. easyJet handled that situation well enough with staff handling enquiries and transfer bookings. There was only 1 flight which landed at the height of the horendous storms, all others diverted elsewhere,...........the airline was the same company which also continued landing during the runway dispute at that same airport..Ryan Air.
    I am not making any suggestions about their safety, but only reporting what I saw and as a result of that and as a result of my experience in raising this thread in the first instance there is absolutely no way I would fly Ryan Air, cheap flights or not.

Default Ryanair

It's all there in the 'terms and conditions' if anybody bothered to read them.
    I object to paying £2.50 for a 40p cup of soup so I don't buy one, simple.

To a degree I have to accept that if you check through their web site you will see there is absolutely no telephone numbers or e-mail addresses if you have an issue which needs resolving urgently, other than the reservation centre.
    I find it rather strange that a company which encourages its customers to book on line, (the price I qouted at the outset was €117 at their offices at Murcia airport, whilst €46 on line), does not offer e-mail facility to contact them. Send it by fax or post they say and they will get back to you within 10 days ! (still waiting for my response). AH yes and they get back to you, you have guessed it by e-mail!!!!
    The following web site is of relevance I feel, it provides good and very poor feedback about Ryan Air.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm

i dont know if it is of any interest but jet2 have put summer 2008 flights on sale today and they look very reasonable

Marcadores