Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Decent places to stay

The last time I wrote in everyone was very helpful so I thought I would try again. Two questions firstly does anyone know a decent place to stay near Villa Martin that is reasonable quality but not too expensive. I need somewhere for two-three nights. also does anyone know what sort of weather to expect in early march, my better half is doing her usual "I don't know what to wear"

Look froward to some replies

oh yes and while I'm on what are the fittings for the lights normally like I was thinking of bringing over some from the Uk but do they normally have a ceiling rose or can I just expect a cable poking throughthe cieling?

Hi Chrisf777.

If you're just taking on a property from the builder then it's just wires from the ceiling I'm afraid.

If you're going to bring lights from the UK, bear in mind that bayonet type fitting bulbs are NOT readily available in Spain, just the screw-in type.

The wiring for the lights is the same as in the UK.

If buying light fittings in Spain from a furniture store, the cost of delivery and fitting is generally included in the price, although you may have to wait a couple of days depending on how busy they are. If you choose to fit them yourself, bear in mind that unlike the UK you are unlikely to get all the fiddly bits when you buy the light itself, so you will also need to have a supply of screws, rawplugs, electrical tape, terminal end blocks etc. These are all readily available.

With regard to somewhere to stay - can't help you there. I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions, though. Have you thought about renting an apartment or a villa for the time you're over? It may work out cheaper in the long run.

HTH,

Chris.

Comentario

Asked the same question regarding accommodation some months ago,didn't get a reply. My son and his wife stayed at Hotel Joven last year but would not repeat the experience. Said it was expensive and rather poor service.

Comentario

Place to stay

Can recommend the La Zenia hotel (can be booked on line) or alternatively on the other side of the La Zenia beach there is an excellent hotel (on a B & B basis) which last year charged E30 per room per night. Great views as well. Sorry can't remember the name.

Comentario

I agree with rspltd. The La Zenia hotel is good quality and the breakfast is excellent! I wouldn't say it was cheap cheap though, especially if you're only using it to lay your head down at night as you're paying for the hotel facilities that you probably won't use.

Having said that I stayed there when I was completing on my property simply because I couldn't find anywhere else.

If I was doing the same again, knowing what I know now, I'd probably try to rent an apartment for the time that I needed to be there.

Chris.

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X