Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Gas Central Heating advice please

Has anyone had gas central heating fitted in the Torrevieja area? If so what was the initial cost, what are the approximate running costs and are you pleased with it? Contact details of any heating engineers who can give advice or do the instalation would be useful too. Thanks

Comentario

central heating

thanks for that Wendy that sounds really useful. I'll give them a call.

Comentario

With the price of oil hitting 94 dollars a barrel on the International money markets, I've got a feeling Wendy is in for a shock!

Comentario

I've already bought my oil for this year.

Comentario

That's lucky but I don't think the situation is going to improve any time soon.

Comentario

Possibly not - but then none of us knows what the future holds. I might not even be here this time next year.

Comentario

Comentario

How big is your house and how many radiators do you have geejay?

Comentario

Propane is a non-renewable fossil fuel, like the natural gas and oil it is produced from so eventually the price of the crude will reflect in the price charged for the LPG. Six and two threes really !!

Comentario

WendyH

2 bed - 2 Bathroom, Lounge kitchen and Dining room.
                      Seven radiators in total.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Freddy
                        Propane is a non-renewable fossil fuel, like the natural gas and oil it is produced from so eventually the price of the crude will reflect in the price charged for the LPG. Six and two threes really !!
                        Thanks so much for posting that, Freddy. I mentioned when I was in Torrevieja that I was VERY surprised that there were not many solar panels on rooftop solariums. Seems an absolute waste to me. I was told that it is prohibitively expensive to get them installed but I can't help thinking that must be because of installers' rip-off charges. There's no logical reason for it. In some areas of Spain, the Councils give Grants to have it installed.

Comentario

geejay, Was it Peter from Quesada/Benijofar that fitted your central heating.

Adey

Comentario

Thanks so much for posting that, Freddy. I mentioned when I was in Torrevieja that I was VERY surprised that there were not many solar panels on rooftop solariums. Seems an absolute waste to me. I was told that it is prohibitively expensive to get them installed but I can't help thinking that must be because of installers' rip-off charges. There's no logical reason for it. In some areas of Spain, the Councils give Grants to have it installed.
                            Alyson, Solar is very good for hot water and heating swimming pools, but it is not commercially viable for central heating.
                            Disregarding the unit cost, the installation costs for a hot water system should be around 400/450 euros and no more, swimming pool installation costs are a lot dearer and also much more variable.

I don't know of any solar companies now that sell the hot water systems and actually tell people that they can get a grant, that's because the grant system in Spain is a shambles.

Adey

Comentario

Hi Adey

Yes the very man!! On your recommendation (and assistance I believe). System working very well, would be lost without the evening warmth.

Geoff

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X