Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Torrevieja/cafe/bar

Default Torrevieja/cafe/bar

My partner and I are hoping to open a small cafe/bar/Giftshop in the Torrevieja area. Any advice on this subject will be very helpful.Especially from people already doing this or in the process of doing so.

Don't want to put a downer on your idea but I would look into it very very very deeply if I were you. I have seen so many people try this and most close within 12 months. There is an awful lot of red tape and expense involved in setting up and then of course so much competition for business when you do eventually open. If you have loads of money and want to do for a hobby then great, if it's going to be your living I'd try something else if I were you.

Default Have you run a bar?

Thanks for reply can I ask if you have ever run such a bar?

No I haven't.

I have however lived here for 6 years and have seen many friends end up returning to the UK penniless because of their failed enterprises.

I am not saying don't do it but please be very careful and research everything before taking the plunge.

Default cafe/bar

Why do you think this happened? Wrong location maybe? Surely there must be someone out there who can be posative about opening a cafe/bar or retail gift shop?

Sorry but I have to agree I would say your chances of breaking even are almost nil. To many trying to do the same not enough customers. Come out and see for yourself.

Default cafe/bar

Hi guys thanks for your respones can I ask what you do for a living? What are the chances of a gift shop working?

Default gift shop

there are so many shops (and street markets) along similar lines to our 'pound shops' - all selling products at such low prices it is hard to believe they can make a profit. I would recommend spending some time in the town and see if you can find a gap in the market and brush up on your spanish to deal with the authorities.
    Good luck with whatever venture you decide upon.

Default caf/bar/gift shop

Hi thanks for your reply! It all seems very off putting really!!!! There must be someone in this forum who runs/or has just opened such a venture after moving to Spain? I have a shop now in the UK bussiness is really bad rents are very high, can it be worse in Spain!!!????

Short answer YES

Marcadores