X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• what does La Cinuelica mean

Hi there,
    We are buying on the La Cinuelica development and I have been trying to find out what it means (if anything!).Someone on one of the other boards told me to try on this board ,so here I am.
    If any of you can tell me I would be really grateful.Many thanks,
    SueNick

Hello Suenick,

I seem to remember this being asked before and no one could come up with a translation. It seems to be a made up name, perhaps personal to the builders. (?)

Jane

Comentario

Comentario

I did wonder about that, as I have passed by there many times. However, as the name on the gate is, I believe, La Cenuela rather than La Cinuela, I did not put this forward.
        As it is in the right area though, and so similar, maybe this is the answer.
        It is certainly the best solution that has been proposed thus far.

Comentario

Comentario

That simply means nothing. Aparently just a name that the developer has given to it.

Comentario

Hi

If it means nothing and is a made up name.... how are we pronouncing it.
              Would it be Chinweleecka. With the w being soft? Or if it's made up does it matter?

Jan

Comentario

Meant to say this in last posting
                Or is it beginning with a Th

Jan

Comentario

Hi Jan,

right! pronounce the beginning like the words "thin" "you" .......

Comentario

Beastess said why don't you ask the builder - well, I did. All I could get out of him was that it had something to do with a waterwheel somewhere up country (his family home) and he wouldn't be drawn (sorry about the pun) any further.
                    The question was asked by a Spanish lady so the explanation was not lost in translation.
                    I would dearly love to know what it really means.
                    Just had an idea. I get on well with one of the girls in the builder's office. I'll send her an email and report back

Comentario

Comentario

Hello,

from the Spanish dictionary:

ciñuela.

1. f. Mur. Variedad de granada, algo más agria que la albar.

http://lema.rae.es/drae/?val=ci%C3%B1uela

"Variety of pomegranate, more sour than the albar variety."

I guess the finca was originally named La Ciñuela because there were many grenade trees there, and a small part of the finca would be later called La Ciñuelica, "little ciñuela"

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X