Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• BLUE FLAGS at TORREVIEJA BEACHES

What has happened to the Blue Flags that were previously awarded for several Torrevieja beaches including, in particular Torremolinos near La Mata? Has any explanation been forthcoming from the authorities as to why this was lost. Are the beaches now polluted? Are any steps being taken to try and restore the water and beach quality to a level which would enable the Blue Flags to be restored? The Comunitat Valenciana website shows dozens of beaches with the Blue Flag including those in nearby Guardamar de Segura and Santa Pola as well as in Alicante itself and all the way up north to Altea. This makes the failure to have a Blue Flag at any of Torrevieja beaches all the more annoying. Can anybody enlighten?

Re: BLUE FLAGS at TORREVIEJA BEACHES

Originalmente publicado por Ernest
    What has happened to the Blue Flags that were previously awarded for several Torrevieja beaches including, in particular Torremolinos near La Mata? Has any explanation been forthcoming from the authorities as to why this was lost. Are the beaches now polluted? Are any steps being taken to try and restore the water and beach quality to a level which would enable the Blue Flags to be restored? The Comunitat Valenciana website shows dozens of beaches with the Blue Flag including those in nearby Guardamar de Segura and Santa Pola as well as in Alicante itself and all the way up north to Altea. This makes the failure to have a Blue Flag at any of Torrevieja beaches all the more annoying. Can anybody enlighten?
    I'm confused! Torremolinos is on the Costa del Sol and La Mata is just outside Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca!

Comentario

Wrong Beach But Still No Blue Flag!

Alyson is irked at my mistake in naming Torremolinos beach (which indeed is in Costa del Sol) instead of what I intended - Torrelamata ( near La Mata, as I said ) in my, otherwise unanswered, query about the loss of Blue Flag status. The beach I meant is also, I think, referred to as Molino Blanco and is, I believe, the finest beach in Torrevieja. Two summers ago it did have the coveted Blue Flag status and I have photographs of the prized Blue Flag was flying at the beach.
      The deafening silence in response to my query reflects, I hope, shocked embarrassment rather than indifference about the issue which has a very direct affect on property prices. After all who would want to buy a house or apartment in an area where there seems to be some problem with the sea water quality - a problem nobody seems to want to talk about!

Comentario

The reason why Torrevieja had its Blue Flags removed was because they are too popular in the summer and become overcrowded . It was reported in the local freebie papers a while back when the beaches were stripped of the blue flag award. It had nothing to do with the condition of the sea water which is second to none the beaches are cleaned every night. They are a victim of there own success . Maybe the reason no one has responded is because a lot of people tend to post on the other site.

Comentario

I wasn't "Irked". I was, as I said "Confused".
          While I was in Torrevieja last week, I heard something from an English person - I don't know if it's true or not because they had only been there for a short time and spoke absolutely no Spanish but they told me that they had heard that there was some kind of a problem with sewage in La Mata. I don't know if it was to do with the houses there (maybe too many for the system?) or if it concerned the beaches.
          Regardless, I am buying a flat in Edificio Alta Vista in La Mata.

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X