X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Unlocking phones

Hi,

I've been reading about unlocking mobile phones for people who come out to Spain occasionally. Not being a techno-phobe I don't understand the reason. Does it mean that have the same number but pay less. Do you change the sim card each time you travel to Spain and back again when you return to UK. How do you register with a Spanish telecom company. Why can't you just buy a Spanish phone.

All helpful replies appreciated.

Unlocking a phone lets you use any slim card from any network.
    So if all you have to do is buy a new slim card in Spain and use it in your english phone.
    Most mobiles are lock on to one company provider so you can only use that company.

Comentario

Hi Lesley
      I do exactly that. I bought a sim card because it was far cheaper than buying a phone and I just swop when I come to Spain. There are 2 big advantages -you don't end up paying for all calls and messages as you would if people were contacting you on your english number and spanish mobile to spanish mobile/landline is much cheaper than UK mobile to spanish numbers. Only thing I have to remember is not to put my english sim back in until I reach the UK cos otherwise you end up paying for the messages anyway!

Comentario

I think swapping sims is not a good idea - you may damage the sim contacts. When you have your phone unlocked, you may lose your directory if it is in the phone's memory, so ensure you save it to the sim memory. Also you have to keep the sim you're not using in a safe place and not lose it.

I prefer to have two phones (I took over one our old phones and bought a Spanish sim for it). You know which is which and don't have to mess about swapping sims at airports etc.

Comentario

Comentario

Re: Unlocking phones

Originalmente publicado por Lesley Cowing
            Hi,

I've been reading about unlocking mobile phones for people who come out to Spain occasionally. Not being a techno-phobe I don't understand the reason. Does it mean that have the same number but pay less. Do you change the sim card each time you travel to Spain and back again when you return to UK. How do you register with a Spanish telecom company. Why can't you just buy a Spanish phone.

All helpful replies appreciated.

Hi Lesley
            We did the same as Elmcroft and just took two old phones over and brought the sim cards in Spain. Then leave them there when we return home.Now i cannot loose Him in Doors around any of the markets cos i have his Number.[/img]

Comentario

Do you have to make sure to top this up every so often (6 months?) so as not to lose any remaining credit?

Comentario

Comentario

I got mine in the UK from

http://www.0044.co.uk/spain2.htm

Comentario

phones

I got mine from dog and bone at La Zenia. I bought a movistar sim and put it in an old nokia. BEWARE though- they do have a limited life of 6 months with Movistar and if you dont use it you loose any credit you have. I am going to check Vodafone out in the shop by SuperCOr at playa flamenca when I go back next.
                    The other trouble is you get anouncements in Spanish so if you are like me you have to guess what they are telling you to do

Comentario

Terri T,

Vodafone only insist that you top up every 9 months.

Chris.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Doc Ver Mensaje
                        Vodafone only insist that you top up every 9 months.
                        Might switch mine from MV to VF, is there a min amount of euros that you have to recharge by with VF ?

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X