Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• family plan to move to torrevieja

Can anyone give me any advice,good or bad!, desperately trying to find out as much info about torrevieja as I can before we make big move in spring, any opinions on Mar Azul International school? for kids aged 2,6,9. Hubby works for Sunseeker boats doing gel repairs,general maintenance etc.. is this the sort of marina that would have these sort of big boats? Nice place for kids? Any info greatly appreciated!

Good luck with the move. Hubby and I am also moving in the New Year and we're looking forward to meeting new friends.

Comentario

thanks, I think good luck is what im going to need! Ive got to the point now where theres only so much investigating on the internet you can do before you have to go over in person and see for yourself and with xmas speeding up now, its proving financially difficult. I think my problem is wanting everything sorted out perfectly and Im now realising that its all about taking some risks! scary!! my hubby looks like he might be going over soon to meet some people who might be able to line up some work, so fingers crossed! for now though its back to helping kids with spanish Muzzy! please keep me posted with any info with your move

Comentario

As you say you have to be there and although certain offical things have to be done, half the fun is finding out things for yourself, asking around and using basic common sense. When we moved to Turkey we knew nothing and have learned so many things from experience and other ex-pats.At least now we are informed and hopefully won't make the same mistakes twice!

Comentario

Hi magsfhy

I read that you once moved to Turkey. I'd be very interested to learn of your experiences.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to email me shall@thisisspain.info

Comentario

good luck with your move we have benn here six years and love it

Comentario

My only advice would be to forget around Torrevieja and head North around Denia, Javea, Moraira, Calpe area, a much more civilised area and much nicer too. Houses are a little more expensive but then that does refect the area and the kind of people it attracts.

Comentario

My only advice would be to forget around Torrevieja and head North around Denia, Javea, Moraira, Calpe area, a much more civilised area and much nicer too. Houses are a little more expensive but then that does refect the area and the kind of people it attracts.
                I find this statement insulting, everywhere you go there are not so nice people, but to effectivly say anyone here in the Torrevieja area is of a "lower class" just shows your bad manners

Comentario

sissy1, having been here nearly 4 years we love it and have no intention of returning to the UK, we live just south of Torrevieja. The main thing to remember is everyone has different views of the world so you have to experience it for yourself and all I would say is RENT for a year, DO NOT BUY until you are sure because if it all goes wrong for you you could lose a lot of money.

Comentario

I totally agree with sugar rent for a while look around some beautiful places over here ,lots of resales come over and decide where You want to live

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por sugar
                      sissy1, having been here nearly 4 years we love it and have no intention of returning to the UK, we live just south of Torrevieja. The main thing to remember is everyone has different views of the world so you have to experience it for yourself and all I would say is RENT for a year, DO NOT BUY until you are sure because if it all goes wrong for you you could lose a lot of money.
                      hi sugar, I think I want my cake and eat it, I dont want to be slap bang in the middle of town but equally I dont want to be in the sticks, can you tell me what the towns are like on the outskirts? hope you dont mind me asking but do you have any kids and how have they cope with school etc..?

Comentario

spain

Have sent email.

Comentario

Doublet2 We don't need snobs on this forum. Who are you to say that people who live around Torrevieja are uncivilised.

Comentario

My dear friends, you have not read my post at all well. I didn't say people in Torrevieja were uncivilised, nor did I mean to insult anyone. I can never understand why people get so defensive.

I simply said in my view North Costa Blanca is far nicer than the south.

May I remind you posters that decided to be insulting and rude, kinda proves my point really.

Comentario

My dear friends, you have not read my post at all well. I didn't say people in Torrevieja were uncivilised, nor did I mean to insult anyone. I can never understand why people get so defensive.

I simply said in my view North Costa Blanca is far nicer than the south.

May I remind you posters that decided to be insulting and rude, kinda proves my point really.
                              Doublet2 I do not feel I was rude or insulting to you, you did say your chosen area's were "more civilised" and the price difference also made a difference to the sort of people who buy,
                              You then say you meant nothing by it and also follow it on by saying my reply proves your point, if you were not running down the whole area what is your point? perhaps you didn't mean to be rude but you were and I am entitled to take offence to this, it does not in any way make me uncivilised (as per your point?)

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X