Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Has the flamboyant Mayor of Torrevieja

I read in the free English language newspapers when I was over there that the Mayor had refused permission for the construction of a large desalination plant in Torrevieja because it would have involved digging up pavements and he was not prepared to allow that!
    Has he actually ever walked the pavements of Torrevieja? (Especially at the English end - is it the north?) They are in a shocking state!

Comentario

The North of Torrevieja is La Mata which is about as Spanish as it gets, wouln't call it the English end.

Comentario

Yeah, Playa Flamenco; Orijuela Costa; etc. but is it the north; south; east or west of Torrevieja?

Comentario

Forgot to say, also Villamartin and that 2-word name where the first word begins with a "G" Just can't remember it at the mo.

Comentario

What's the Mayoyor of Torrevieja got to do with the state of the pavements on the Orihuela Costa

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por RWW
              What's the Mayoyor of Torrevieja got to do with the state of the pavements on the Orihuela Costa
              Yeh, what involvement have you in telling what the meir has to approve or not and leave those people on Orihuela Costa mind their own bussiness! Please stay out of those very difficult issues and don't go stepping on your own ex-pat toes! They can mind their own bussiness, you know! We live here and we can make our own decisions! If we have problems we will solve them without interference of people who don't live here. If you know what I mean!!!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Alyson
                that 2-word name where the first word begins with a "G" Just can't remember it at the mo.
                You must let us know when you remember..................

Comentario

Re: Has the flamboyant Mayor of Torrevieja

Originalmente publicado por Alyson
                  I read in the free English language newspapers when I was over there that the Mayor had refused permission for the construction of a large desalination plant in Torrevieja because it would have involved digging up pavements and he was not prepared to allow that!
                  Has he actually ever walked the pavements of Torrevieja? (Especially at the English end - is it the north?) They are in a shocking state!
                  OK I made a mistake about whether the English section was north, south, east or west BUT I did say, "The pavements of Torrevieja". Have a look at them on Calle San Julian; Calle de Villa de Madrid and walk from there through to the bus stop at the Hotel Fontaine and you will see what a state they are in.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Commodore
                    The North of Torrevieja is La Mata which is about as Spanish as it gets, wouln't call it the English end.
                    I meant the opposite end of Torrevieja from La Mata. Sorry, my sense of direction isn't too good!
                    However, I wouldn't say that La Mata was "As Spanish as it gets" by any means.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por RWW
                      I would never comment on pavements on Orijuela Costa, never having seen them.
                      However, I was told by an English property agent while I was in Torrevieja that "Everyone wants to move to Orihuela Costa now but properties are dearer there." Thank you, Puffin, for your videos on You Tube - very educational!

Comentario

I was told by an English property agent while I was in Torrevieja that "Everyone wants to move to Orihuela Costa now but properties are dearer there."
                        Don't believe everything property agents tell you.
                        Still interested to know which part of Torrevieja is the English end.

Comentario

The opposite end of Torrevieja from La Mata! The area around the Park of Nations is totally British and further out to the windmill.

Comentario

Also, if you read the posts above, you will see that I have already listed Playa Flamenco; Orihuela Costa and Villamartin.

Comentario

But what have those places got to do with Torrevieja

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X