Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• taxi transfer from Alicante to Cabo Roig and return

Could anyone recommend a taxi transfer person/Company? We atre two and travelling in mid July for from Alicante airport to Cabo Roig and returning in 10 days

Get the express bus outside departures to Torrevieja...cost 6 euros 67c and then the local bus from Torrevieja bus station to Cabo Roig...cost 1 euro 20cents making a total cost of 8 Euros. Beats paying a taxi 55 Euros otherwise!...Journry by express bus to Torrevieja is 45 mins.

Comentario

Thanks norbrien, we will be arriving around 11pm do you know if the buses are still operating at this time?

Comentario

No, sorry, the buses will have finished by then....a taxi it is then by the looks of things.

Comentario

" Julie @ Playa Golf".
          She does most of the transfers now and can be emailed on

julie.3134@hotmail.com

Comentario

Many thanks Freddy, i will email Julie

Comentario

If you use them you will be travelling in an illegal taxi.
              try
              Alicante airport transfers, Murcia airport transfers, Costa Blanca airport transfers

Comentario

Julie's minibus is emblazened with her Name, Full details and the service she provides so little chance of anything being illegal....

Comentario

Having a name on the minibus does'nt make it legal, they don't have a license, that makes them illegal.
                  I am a legal transport company and be assured we know who are and who are'nt.

Comentario

Mike 2, I would certainy reccomend her as I have always found the service superb as have many other people at Cabo Roig.
                    Editado por última vez por Freddy; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/1427-freddy en , 14:37:43.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por clydegrove Ver Mensaje
                      Having a name on the minibus does'nt make it legal, they don't have a license, that makes them illegal.
                      I am a legal transport company and be assured we know who are and who are'nt.
                      How do we know YOU are telling the truth or just guessing?

Comentario

Ask them if they have a "Tarjeta De Transportes" which is the license for transporting fee paying passengers, same as an operators license in the UK.
                        We are a licensed passenger transport company based in the Costa Blanca, we are also members of the Spanish transport federation and have a list of fellow operators in the region.
                        They are not on the list because they are not licensed and their vehicle is not SP plated but apart from that they are a car rental company (maybe, but many put a discription on their vehicle that they think gives them some credibility to transport passengers the same as property people) they are all illegal and cannot transport passengers.
                        We have a statement on the home page of our website Alicante airport transfers, Murcia airport transfers, Costa Blanca airport transfers which gives instruction if someone is unsure of a particular company or individuals claims to legality, ask them to supply a copy of the "tarjeta" dead simple, if their legal they should have no hesitation in confirming.

It is not unusual for people to recommend illegal taxi services, they be friends, they may be regular users of their service to save a few euros, in some cases the person recommending may not be aware of the laws or just does'nt care or in extreme cases the person recommending is actually the person supplying the service.
                        What ever they are, or the reasons the people are recommending, they are TAXI TOUTS, stealing business from licensed operators, they are neither licenced or insured to offer the service and in many cases there is no doubt they may offer a good service and have done a few people a good turn but if they caught or involved in an accident you will see how nice they are when their main concern while passengers are told by the police to get out of the vehicle or injured in an accident, is their own skin.
                        Editado por última vez por clydegrove; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2429-clydegrove en , 16:24:58.

Comentario

Personally I doubt if many people would ask a driver if they had a "Tarjeta De Transportes" as they get into the cab... Something I have never done. but if I see a vehicle professionally signwritten and having experienced good service before, I wouldn't think twice about ringing to book them.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Freddy Ver Mensaje
                            Personally I doubt if many people would ask a driver if they had a "Tarjeta De Transportes" as they get into the cab... Something I have never done. but if I see a vehicle professionally signwritten and having experienced good service before, I wouldn't think twice about ringing to book them.
                            Personally I think you're being very short-sighted Freddy. In the event of an accident the driver's normal vehicle insurance will not pay out, as soon as the insurance company realise there were fare paying passengers on board.
                            The greatest expense I had when taxiing in the UK was the Hire & Reward insurance which is compulsory for a legal taxi operator.
                            So you may save a couple of bob but is it worth putting yourself and those with you at risk?
                            Editado por última vez por Warrior; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2594-warrior en , 10:26:07.

Comentario

I don't think I was being 'short sighted' but seeing openly displayed notice boards around the area, their own web site together with decalled vehicles using both Murcia and Alicante airports , smacks of legality does it not ?... And I stand by what I said... I have travelled the world yet have yet to ask a taxi driver for his credentials... have you ?

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X