X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Website for learning Spanish

I posted this www.wordsgalore.com
    Am finding it really useful, you can listen to the pronunciation and see the written word at the same time, have multiple choice tests, choose from thousands of words. All for free!

That looks really good.
    i have downloaded it, i think i can then put it on my mp3 player as well.

Comentario

Comentario

The BBC do a Learn Spanish thing on the Web which is phrases like:
        "?Hay un baco por aqui?"
        "Para bebir, yo quiero una cerveza."
        I found it useful but then I've got a good memory!

Comentario

Sorry that should have been banco not baco I pressed submit too quickly!

Comentario

Thanks for that Alyson, will take a look.

Comentario

It's "beber" and not "bebir" . In any case, I would have thought they would have said "tomar".

Jane?

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Steve
                It's "beber" and not "bebir" . In any case, I would have thought they would have said "tomar".

Jane?
                No not Jane. Wot's "tomar"? I will need to look it up in my dictionary! Thanks for the "Beber" correction. I learned it by ear and it always sounded as if the waiter was saying "Para Bebir?"

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Alyson

Jane?
                  No not Jane. Wot's "tomar"? I will need to look it up in my dictionary! Thanks for the "Beber" correction. I learned it by ear and it always sounded as if the waiter was saying "Para Bebir?"
                  Yo Tomar = i will have
                  Que Va a Tomar? = what will you have

Jane is the moderator here on the Spanish Language section and a brilliant teacher.

Comentario

Hi Fudgey,
                    Surely Tomar is the infinitive - ie to have - so would yo not be followed by tomo? or something?

Jane - where are you when we/I need you

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por fudgey
                      Originalmente publicado por Alyson

Jane?
                      Yo Tomar = i will have
                      Que Va a Tomar? = what will you have

Jane is the moderator here on the Spanish Language section and a brilliant teacher.
                      Also, Fudgey, I think I'm right in saying that the direct translation of Que va a tomar is What are you going to have? That's why you use the infinitve tomar there. You've already got a verb part va.
                      Sorry to be pedantic; this is a result of studying French for 5 years at school. I learned - very throughly - how the language is built up as it were. Spanish and Italian are very much the same.

Comentario

Yes, Alyson

(yo) tomo - I have / I will have

tomar - to drink/to have

Los beneficios de tomar agua

Los peligros de tomar mucha agua

La importancia de tomar agua .... all cases where we would use "drink"

To show another use, here is "una lema" (a strapline, catchphrase)

Tomar agua, tomar vida - Drink water to be healthy!

Comentario

Castellon as a second language - pointers.

Hello everybody, my first post,although I have been a regular visitor since the t v went off. I live out in the sticks a bit so would like to use this forum to practice/maintain my English.as Castellano (Spanish) is of course the predominant language for the area. May I offer some pointers that I recieved from a wise profesor when I first started to learn the language,(i first stepped foot on spanish soil age nine in 1970 and have held an on off affair with her ever since).
                          1. It is your second language,it will always be your second language, it is perfectly OK, for it to be a little jumbled at the begining and little by little with practice,etc...
                          2. Remember most of the natives you speak to are looking at an 'Extrajanero' they wont immediately expect you to say anything in their language, warm them up with a 'muy buenos dias' the initial que or como is them buying thinking time due to surprise not lack of understanding.
                          3.A different language is simply just more words, unlike the five to eights age range, you already know how to form sentences, ask questions, infer surprise
                          etc but look how fast they learn without the fear of mistakes, make mistakes and learn faster.
                          4.Calculate what % (percent) of English you know (national average is under 50%) and the fact that you can communicate well with your friends and do every day. So to start to communicate effectively as a second language you probably need as little as say 20%. This fact was a giant step for me, the light at the end of the tunnel got a lot closer all of a sudden.
                          These pointers are intended to lessen the enormity some feel comes with learning a new language, I hope nobody takes offence, I have been learning about all things Spanish since the age of nine, and I am 48 next birthday & still happy to learn more! hasta la charlar.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Steve Ver Mensaje
                            Yes, Alyson

(yo) tomo - I have / I will have

tomar - to drink/to have

Los beneficios de tomar agua

Los peligros de tomar mucha agua

La importancia de tomar agua .... all cases where we would use "drink"

To show another use, here is "una lema" (a strapline, catchphrase)

Tomar agua, tomar vida - Drink water to be healthy!
                            Tomar is to take.

In spanish they would ask you if you want to "take" (or have in correct eng) anything at a bar or restaurant. meaning both food and drink.

However Tomar and Beber is not the same.
                            As a waiter when taking your order and asking for the drinks will NOT ask "y para tomar" but ask "y para beber"

Comentario

good post, many thanks
                              Tubs

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X