Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fishing

Please could, already experts in fishing give their advice to absolute beginners regarding licience, initial tackle equipment, places to buy, places to fish shore/inland ,angling tips and on safety issues?

Perhaps they could also give information about local angling clubs.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Masud

best thing to do is seek advice from an established fishing club.
    either see English language press or better still google for the local Spanish club in your area

Costablancafishing received a big knocking on the old site. I feel much was undeserved. http://www.costablancafishing.com I haven┤t yet paid for any of his trips but may do one in the future. I have phoned the guy and received lots of free advice though. I now have a freshwater fishing licence for the Alicante region which I obtained (after his advice) from a branch of Caja Rural in Cabo Roig. You just need photo ID - passport or residencia plus 7 and a bit Euros. They scan the ID for the records and give a you a temporary licence. The real one comes through about 3 weeks later and you pick it up from the bank.

In England, licience is not needed for fishing on beach/shore.

Is it same in Spain?

No. I have been told Alicante is the same as England but in Murcia you would need a licence for this.

Default shore fishing

Hi masudd
    You do need a license for shore fishing obtained in alicante the best thing is go to the office of tourism down by the harbour,they will give you addresses . As for spots to fish I just started finding them by taking ride along shore and spotting local anglers then trying spots out.
    best of luck
    ps both the issuing offices for inland and shore fishing licenses are a short walk apart in Alicante

That┤s news to me having been told otherwise by everyone from my lawyer to the tourist board! Are you sure the place for shore licences is not one for fishing off a boat rather than just off the rocks/beach?

i am moving over there soon full time
    a few of my friend over in the uk are keen fishermen and asked once i am there try and organise a fishing trip for them. they do go to different places in spain on fishing holidays now.
    can anyone tell me if it is possible for these kind of trips in the torre area
    and do i need to get a special licence to do this ???

Quote Originally Posted by ;248
    i am moving over there soon full time
    a few of my friend over in the uk are keen fishermen and asked once i am there try and organise a fishing trip for them. they do go to different places in spain on fishing holidays now.
    can anyone tell me if it is possible for these kind of trips in the torre area
    and do i need to get a special licence to do this ???
    For charter fishing in Torrevieja contact Kevin on 0034 965710654 or visit Volante Charter Boat for a british skippered fully legal charter fishing boat operating all year.

Mark & Vanessa, please have a look on web page of costablanca fishing which beastess has mentioned above.

Please keep posting any information you gather about fishing

Marcadores