Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• health costs

Hi just doing my residencia can anyone please tell me how much I will have to contribute to the health service here? I am a 57 year old lady.
    Thanks.

Depends on what you choose, you can expect to pay around 1500€

Comentario

I am wondering if that 1500€ relates to private health insurance - for national health cover see here

Healthcare

Comentario

Of course it is private, the link Rob posted is for those who have paid into the NHS system & may be entitled to care on the S1 form, however if the OP is 57 then that gives up to 2 yrs care on the Spanish system,after that private care will be needed until she receives her state pension

Comentario

Also this option
          Healthcare in Valencia

Residents in Valencia also have a different option. Here, the regional health authorities run a quota scheme whereby you pay a monthly amount and can register for the full range of state-run health care. It’s similar to a private insurance scheme but is open to all and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of pre-existing conditions. Find out how to apply for the Valencia Monthly Quota Scheme.
          Valencia Monthly Quota Scheme

or of course hope for the best and pay if and when you need too.

You need to think about EHIC as well

Comentario

EHIC is quite different, if you are a temporary resident from any qualifying country, then you can access EMERGENCY care only, if you qualify for S1 then you can apply to the UK Authorities for the EHIC if you pay into the Valencian System then you apply to the Spanish Authorities,if you do neither of these options then you are not entitled to a EHIC & must ay for emergency care.

Comentario

Paying into the voluntary Valencia healthcare scheme for early retirees does not include EHIC (or what the Spanish call Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea) provision. Which is a bit of a scam but is a fact.

Comentario

Rob do you know this for sure? not that I am bothered but it would be nice to know if you actualy know someone who is on this scheme

Comentario

I am not on the scheme, but am 99.9% certain as it came up during one of the recent DWP/Consul roadshows. I assume it is because the Valencia scheme is just that and not a national one so they could not authorise the Spanish EHIC card.

Comentario

Thanks for that I will check it out

Comentario

Trabajando...
                    X