Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Noisy neighbours !!!

I really need a little bit of advice. I live in Quesada and the people in the villa two plots up from me have been constantly building for the last two to three years. Apart from the time when they go away for two weeks its every day from about 10 in the morning til late at night.When I say every day, I mean every day, no let up at all, we were astonished that he was even working on New Years day. They have almost retiled the entire plot ( 1200 sq metres ) along with building an outside kitchen, an extension and renewing every ballustrade in the place. The noise is incredible with constant grinding and hammering of tiles, together with the very irritating squeak and noise of the cement mixer. You know how noise travels here in Spain.
    Last May ( 2011 ) he was asked ( politely ) when he was going to be finished, he became very angry and said in a few days.They say its their hobby !! Well its almost February and they are still at it.. It looks like they have started on the inside now as well as the outside and we have had enough. We really don't know what to do about it. We also believe that he has no planning permission for all these changes and alterations but we don't really want to go down the route of reporting him to the town hall.Any advice would be very well received.

If it bothers you that much you must report him especially if you have asked & been ignored it aint a hobby its an obsession

Comentario

Yes I agree with GAL - what do you want us to say, if you have tried to reason with him and they won't stop, then you are forced to take other actions along a legal route. I don't know if you are on a community if so than that might be a course of action if not then you might like to canvass other neighbour's opinions. The Policia Local here are used to dealing with these issues (part of their duties) whereas in the UK of course they will probably never turn up for this kind of thing.
      You have rights - if they are being voliated - say so.

Comentario

Could you post an update on your situation please, as it may help others in a similar situation in the future.

Comentario

Hi sorry could not reply before some problem with being able to log in. Anyway. Just an update on the noisy neighbours. After my desperate plea for help on these pages it suddenly went very quiet!! When we saw the neighbour a few days later it appeared his wife has had an accident and was in hospital.( a bit extreme but there you go ) We went to visit her and whilst we were there discussed among other things, his constant noisy building and yes it is an obession and of all things the local noisy dogs!! How funny was that, they were thinking of setting up a petition against the dog owner !! Anyway things became a little queter for a while, at least he was aware of how inconsiderate he had been, but now he's busy on the inside of the house, luckily we can't really hear to much now so thats all resolved. Thankyou it was at least some place to be able to vent!! Bluealaska27

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X