nuevos mensajes

• place to visit in UK?

I visited London,Edimburgo,St Andrews.

I want to know other interesting places near London

Gatwick Airport......Departure Lounge.

Comentario

Places to visit

Hello Sergi

May I suggest any good airline booking office, and get on the first plane back to Alicante.

or if you insist on visiting places in England, try Chester in Cheshire, it has the added advantage of being near to Liverpool airport and Manchester airport, good priced flights back to Spain.

Roy and Val

Comentario

Places to visit

Hi Sergi
        Sorry you got the usual 'I hate the UK' responses - very helpful! If you e mail I will try to be of help. There are some wonderful places to visit in England (as there are in Spain or Italy, France, etc). Unfortunately there are a lot of people who haven't travelled further than Alicante and thinks this represents the whole of Spanish culture or similarly have travelled to London, seen Buckingham palace and this represents London. Believe me, the natives see them coming and look at them as wallets on legs.

Comentario

Head North West for about an hour and a half and visit Stratford and Warwick.

Comentario

Places

Hi Sergi - the Scottish Highlands and the Lake District have some beautiful places if you like that kind of thing. York is an interesting City as is Chester, Stratford etc if your into history. If it's the City life then London, Manchester, Liverpool etc - it depends what your interests are. I live near Blackpool - don't go there though it's a toilet!

Comentario

Hi Sergi1001
              If you are staying in London try a day out in Cambridge. Get the train out of Liverpool Street station and take the sightseeing bus around Cambridge.

Comentario

Canterbury in Kent is a lovely town. It has a beautiful cathedral, and many tudor buildings, and a ducking stool!

Comentario

Arundel in West Sussex is a beautiful old medieval town. it is built on a hill and is dominated by Arundel Castle. The river Arun runs through it and there is a lake with a wonderful park. It's making me feel homesick writing about it; I must go and visit soon!

Comentario

Oxford, Brighton, Canterbury - all interesting in their different ways - and not too far from London.

Comentario

UK Place to visit

If you go knowhere else go to Old Trafford.
                      Closest thing to heaven - so many 'copies' but only one original.

Mike

Comentario

Yes

Mike54 - I have taken several tours around the ground and museum and also taken trips to Carrington training complex - I have seen people from all over the world there not just United fans but I have met fans of all clubs - it really is a tops if football is your bag.

Comentario

or you could visit Oldham. like it so much you buy my house and i can get the next plane out of here

Comentario

Hi Sergi

You have visited London, Edinburgh and St St Andrews whichare beautiful and interesting places but you have not seen the best yet.

Fly to Manchester which has many interseting things to see. There are several historic places to visit, many art galleries and good night life.

If you are travelling with children, head for York [ about one hour car drive ] where all sight seeing places are within walking distance.

If you fancy nice shoppig, Chester is under an hour from Manchester. Many excellent shops within walking range. Stay in Grosvenor hotel- a five star luxury right in middle of Chester with great service and delicious food.

Cutural city of Liverpool is just 40 minutes away, apart from famous cathedarl and beautiful docks it has Beetles museum

If you like walking or want to see English scenery then Lake district is a must. Windermere is only 90 minutes from Manchster. You will see stunning scenery, surrounded by colourful hills where each time you take a turn on the road you will find a different scene. Even in winter it is a place where people come as far as Canada to enjoy walking and see the varities of colourful trees. Lake district has plenty of hotels where after a days shopping/walking you will experience English cooking at its best.

Because several low cost airlines fly to manchester, you will find flights are much cheaper.You will also have a pleasant surprise, accomodation will cost considerably less than what you paid in London

Comentario

I can vouch for Chester being worth a visit - beautiful cathedral, lots of history (there is a Roman ampitheatre amongst other things!), lovely river, amazing architecture and nice people. There are also some wonderful restaurants and bars, and the shopping is fantastic. Best way to see it is the open top sightseeing bus - you can hop off and on at any stage and its by far the cheapest way to get around (or you can walk, if you are that way inclined!). A walk around the walls is also very interesting - Chester is one of a number of walled cities in the UK.

I'd rather be in Spain though!!!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X