X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Alarm System

Hi there,

We are about to take ownership of our Apartment in Cabo Roig. we have been advised to get an Alarm System.

We have a quote from C.R.A.C. 24 - The total is 1273 Euros (Inc IVA)
    this is for 6 PIR sensors with a 110 Db Alarm.

In addtion we can have a Radio Conatct to a Monitoring Station fro a Monthly Payment of 22 Euros (Inc IVA)

A few questions - Are CRAC24 a good reliable company and does the price seem reasonable.

Any other info would also be appreciated

Alarm System

Seems a lot and also 6 PIRs seem a lot also, usually 2 or 3 does it. You coudl try Direct Alarms, think they do it for about 500 euros and it is about 35 euros a month.

Comentario

Thanks

Dot & Steve - Thanks fro the info - I am better prepared now - Jim

Comentario

Alarm installation

I don't know much aboult Spanish standards for alarm systems but in the UK and Ireland if you want to relay to an approved alarm monitoring centre your system must incorporate dual verification - i.e. two different types of detectors must activate - e.g. a magnetic contact on the door and a PIR internal trap detection both must activate before the receiving centre informs Mr. Plod and the keyholder. This substantially reduces the likliehood of false alarms thus reducing the workload of Mr. Plod who should not have to answer false alarm calls.
        Any system with only PIRs would generally not be acceptable in teh UK or Ireland.
        Any alarm installer that is not certified as complying with EN 50131 should be regarded as dodgy.
        Most alarm systems relay a coded signal by digital communicator over a land line phone to the Alarm Receiving Centre. If the intruder cuts the phone line the alarm won't relay. A GSM back up system gets around this problem but costs extra.
        Remember an alarm only activates when the building has been or is just
        about to be broken into. Thieves can be in and out of a building in a couple of minutes and in that short period do a lot of damage and steal valuable property.
        You should bear this in mind and if you get an alarm make sure that it is only a back up for a good level of physical protections against unauthorised entry.
        As far as I am aware there is a Crime Prevention Guide on this website and I have a recollection of reading it some years ago. From memory it is an excellent guide which you should read before you decide the level of physical and alarm protection that you deem necessary.
        Neither alarm or physical protections should be guaged on price alone - quality is what is important.

Rgds,

Dermot Sheehy.

Comentario

Thanks Dermot

Dermot - extremely useful ...Jim

Comentario

We have direct alarms - we bought the property off plan and the alarm installation was included in the build (San Jose) - Direct are very good (albeit a bit dearer) - we have had a few call outs incl several in the middle of the night due to power failures on the urb whilst we were on builders supply but since then its all be fine.

I would agree you meed an dalarm and also chnage all of the locks when you take possesion as new houses are a target for the local petty criminals.

Barry

Comentario

Alarm system

Dear Diegohind,
              We used Aardvark Electrics,they are based not far from you,
              Tel. 609685132. Fax 966723654.
              Excellent after sales service,

Regards

Uncle Momo

Comentario

Comentario

Nalle - Many thanks I think I will get a quote from Prosegur

Out of interest who do you have your alam system with - ?

Comentario

with prosegur myself
                    msg me and I'll give you the phonenumber

Comentario

I too can recommend Presegur, my alarm was fitted free of charge with 3 PIR's, its a wired system and is connected to there call centre.

For this I pay 35 euro's a month plus IVA, I had CRAC originally fitted to the house as has everyone else in my street. If there is a power cut all the CRAC alarms go off mine doesn't it has a battery back up that lasts for hours not sure how long electric hasn't been off long enough to test time.

When my daughter accidently set it off the company phone they know we are English so an english person phones for the password, my daughter did not know it and 10 minutes later the police turned up and a Prosegur security guy on a motorbike. Can't ask for more than that. It certainly gives me peace of mind. I also have a night facility so just the PIR in the lounge is on and the bedrooms excluded.

Comentario

A BIG thank you

To everyone who responded to my question - Many thanks indeed.

I am going to go with Prosegur.....

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X