Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Communal Drain Problem

Since buying our property there has been a problem with the drain serving our block of 8 properties. The outcome is that my neighbour and I get raw sewage in our bathroom coming up in the bath and sink if we do not get the drain flushed through at least every 2 years. We have done this several times but need a proper solution. It is a building fault that was never put right.
    This problem has been discussed many times by the community at the AGM and we have been promised an inspection and repairs on many occasions but the President refuses to progress this. At the last AGM a committee was formed but the President refuses to attend meetings so the meetings never happen.
    As it is a severe health hazard the four properties at the front (2 up and 2 down) have agreed to get it sorted and pay for it between ourselves but unfortunately the drain experts need access to the property at the back which belongs to the President and he refuses access to his land.
    Apparently this problem has been there since the properties were built but the President keeps saying there is no problem (the sewage only affects the two front problems).
    We are at a loss to know how to progress this further.
    I would be glad of any advice.
    RS

Good morning and thank you for placing your query.
    According to the information you give us, the communal problems have to be solved by the community.
    If this has not worked so far by verbal approval, you should try via your house insurance. Their experts can say whether it is affecting your property only or if it is a communal problem.
    You mention the President, but does your community have administrators?? The claim should be placed via your administrators and that would be the way of dealing formally with it.
    If you think you need to place a legal claim then we can help you further into this direction in our office.
    Kind regards,

Comentario

Trabajando...
    X