Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Tax on L G P

When I become a tax paying resident of Spain I have read the although I will be liable to pay tax on my UK state pension my local government occupational pension will still be taxed in the UK and at UK rate, I wonder if anyone has experience of this because if it is true it would reduce my tax liability by a worthwhile amount.

This is the article I read regarding tax on pensions.
    "Government service pensions (e.g. civil service, local authority, fire service, police, armed forces, and certain teachers, but not NHS pensions) remain liable only to UK tax and are not taxable in Spain. EC and Commonwealth nationals may claim UK personal allowances to set against this income, regardless of their residence position.

If you transfer your government service pension to a private scheme, UK government service pensions may be taxable in Spain. You may be able to transfer out as long as you have not reached the age of 59 nor commenced receipt of the pension."

Comentario

For anyone interested in this topic I have just received the following reply from "My Pension Service"

HMRC will issue ourselves with a tax code as normal and we will charge tax at source. You will not then have to pay tax again in Spain.

Comentario

Trabajando...
      X