X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• advise needed

Hi

We are moving over to Spain later this year or earlier next year, My grandson will be 7, not sure if it's best to enrol him straight into a spanish school or go mid way & enrol him into an international school.
    The reason for the international school was to give him a chance to catch up on his Spanish, we are bit worried if we put in straight into the Spanish system, he'll be over whelmed and it'll prove tooo much for him.
    If you've gone through this experience any advise would be appreciated

Sandra

Hello Sandra,

Sorry no one has answered you! I think the reason is because there has been a huge amount of discussion on this subject in the past and no easy solutions. Different people have taken different routes depending on their individual needs. Seven is just young enough to get away with entering state education, but he will need plenty of preparation and support and will take a while to catch up. Also, a lot depends on whether he is likely to continue studying and ultimately working in Spain, or whether he is more likely to return to the UK. This will influence the relative importance you give to Spanish and English studies. Another variant is which part of Spain you are moving to, as some areas are more problematic than others. If you go into my website and into the section "Articles about Living in Spain" you will find an article there about education in Spain which should be of use to you.

Jane

Comentario

Thanks Jane

We do plan on living in Spain so it will be for the long haul, the area we are planning to live will probably the Murcia region.
      I will look on the link you advised, and thanks for the reply

Sandra

Comentario

Comentario

Hi

I now agree after looking into this in depth and listening to feedback from people who have moved over and been thru the pain it does seem the best move to put him straight into the Spanish system.

Sandra

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X