Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• 'Clean up the Costa' Campaign part 2

The following is the text of an email sent today to all those residents who have contributed to the 'Clean up the Costa' campaign by sending photographs and details of Fly-tipping sites in Orihuela Costa to Los Verdes (The Green Party) of Orihuela, by email to losverdesorihuela@yahoo.es.

If you are concerned about the quantity of rubbish that there is on the public areas of Orihuela Costa and feel you can contribute to the campaign then please come to the meeting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Everyone,

We cordially invite you to a meeting to discuss the progress of part 1 of the ‘No More Fly-tipping, Clean up the Costa’ campaign up-to-date, and also possible future actions for parts 2 and 3. This needs to be a continual campaign to improve the environment where we live.

The meeting is to be held at the Celtic Isle in Playa Flamenca at 10.30 am on Tuesday 6th May 2008.

We do hope you will be able to attend and continue your valued involvement in the campaign to improve the cleanliness of the area we live in. Although Los Verdes (The Green Party) were the catalyst to get it (the campaign) started and are involved as the co-ordinators to keep it moving, we are working on your behalf, it is your campaign so we would like to hear your ideas.

I would like to, if I may, direct your attention to the following website People Clearing Litter - help make Britain clean and tidy by joing this litter clearing campaign which shows a path of action that we could consider and discuss. We could initiate something similar here, throughout Orihuela Costa. I know that a couple of urbanisations have already carried out a clean-up in their specific locality, as the only way in the past to get their area cleaned, due to the lack of action by the Ayuntamiento. What do you think; could it work here, with minor modifications to suit Orihuela Costa? I have been in contact with Steve McCormack, the founder of ‘People Clearing Litter’ to seek his views and he replied – ‘Thanks for the email. I think a parallel site on the Costa sounds like a great idea. Thanks for doing me the courtesy of asking, and please keep me posted on how it goes.’ This is just one possible course of action, I’m sure you can think of others for discussion.

Please pass this invitation on to any of your friends or neighbours who you believe are interested in improving the cleanliness of Orihuela Costa.

We look forward to meeting you all.

Yours sincerely,

Elliot Sampford,
    English Spokesman – Orihuela Costa,
    Los Verdes (The Green Party) of Orihuela

Well done and I wish you every success. I wonder if people knowing the correct procedures for getting rid of rubbish would help? I think many (part time livers / renters ??) dont understand what they can leave by the green street bins. Also much is dumped by builders (of all nationalities) when people are having walls put up, pools built etc. So why dont owners make their builders behave responsibly after all they live in the area! The skip has now arrived in Spain (or should I say skips) surely an ideal solution (if they are emptied properly).

I have seen huge skips in use in Quesada area which seems a good idea as they are emptied frequently - used for garden waste, old furniture etc.

I also understand that whoever owns the land has a responsibility to keep in clean and FENCED off - surely this would help also.

Also we need people to get on the padron - then the town hall can see how many people are living here and get the funds. Then perhaps we can get the streets cleaned and cleared of weeds which are cracking up the roads/pavement.

Lots to do!..............

Comentario

Meeting reminder - Celtic Isle at 10.30am Tues 6th May

I would like to remind those Orihuela Costa residents who are totally fed up with having to live amongst the Fly-tipped rubbish that is left lying about our streets, public open spaces, children’s playing areas, and flood water barrancas, because of the lack of action by the PP controlled Town Council, of the meeting mentioned in my posting above.

If you haven’t put it in your diary yet why not do it now.

We would like you to come, irrespective of your political affiliation, so that you can contribute to the next part of the ‘No More Fly-tipping - Clean up the Costa’ Campaign.

If you can’t get to the meeting but would like to propose an idea for the future course of action for the campaign, why not email it to losverdesorihuela@yahoo.es and I will make sure it is raised at the meeting, for discussion, on your behalf.

Elliot

Comentario

Trabajando...
      X