Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Red Tape

Having tried to apply for the Padron and taking all the correct papers with us we arrived at the correct office in Torrevieja to be told an extra step had now been put in the application process. We now required a residence certificate to be applied for in person to Elche police station. Fine we thought we'll leave it until we are over for the summer months when we have more time. I now read in the Coastrider - The National Police station at Elche has given notice that as from June 4th they will no longer be processing applications for Residence certificates.
    Those living in Torrevieja will now have to go to Alicante, Campo de Mirra to make their applications.
    As Torrevieja benefit from residents signing on the Padron and considering the number of people now living in the town one would think that things could be organised so that the whole process could be managed without having to travel considerable distances and to queue for long periods of time.
    I suspect I wont bother until then!!!

Many don't bother at all - sadly

Comentario

I read this yesterday and felt annoyed that Torrevieja is insisting on this - which by the way I think is illegal - anybody living in the area is entitled to have a padron - the Uk abusesexpats site is taking up the case.

I was going to call in the international residents office and see what they had to say but they were shut. Despite their schedule on the door saying they should be open.

I have no idea why Elche has stopped issuing the residencia and sending everyone to Alicante is madness (let alone the 'green' argument) even the Spanish paper (Informacion) thought it news worthy to print a report and photo of the Qs in Alicante!!

I have all of my papers but I feel sorry for you others - try and get the local papers to fight the case (RTN - Coastrider hopefully the town hall is frightened of the bad publicity they can generate) and all this at a time when houses are not selling

Its unbelieveable

Comentario

Thanks Robi. If you hear of any further developments let me know or post on the forum. I certainly do not intend to join the Qs in Alicante. Once again thanks for your reply.

Comentario

Trabajando...
        X