Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Buses to Madrid

What companies operate a bus or coach service to Madrid from the Torrevieja/Orihuela-Costa area?

http://www.alsa.es/VentaParticulares...doHorarios.jsp

tarmo

Comentario

Why not go by train?

We went to Barcelona last year from Alicante. The train is fast, clean, on time and has a bar/snack bar. The price to Barcelona was very good.

There is a web site and you can check all of the times and routes. Renfe.co.es (I think)

Comentario

www.renfe.es - even in English (-ish!)

Great trains - if you are going from the South of Torrevieja you might prefer to go from Balsicas.

Comentario

I would be interested in going by train to Barcelona. does anybody know whether it is necessary to reserve a ticket or can you buy on the day even in high season? Also how far is Balsicas from Torrevieja?
          Thanks, Silke

Comentario

We went to Barca in September last. We did not book in advance and the train was very full. The only problem we had was that on the outbound journey we could only get a seat in smoking carriage. Boy oh boy do the Spanish smoke!!

You can book one way and re-book at the other end - however the queue's at Barcelona station were mega.

Also if you want to decide later when to return you get a special rate if you present the used ticket at the time that you book your return ( up to 60 days I think)

The staff at Alicante were very helpful and spoke English. I would reccomend the trip.

By the way where is Balsicas?

I know there is a little station just off the motorway towards Alicante you can just about spot the little train symbol on the road sign. it has a car park and we left our car there for a week free of chage with no problems. Afraid I cant remeber the name of the place. the journey to Alicante was about 20 minutes and cost a couple of euros.

Comentario

Thanks Andywebb
              for the speedy and informative reply. I thought the trains would be fairly full in the tourist season right enough - and being stuck in a smoking car would be absolute torture. Lets hope Spain follows the ROI lead and bans smoking in all public places soon.
              Silke

Comentario

Sadly the chances of that happening on a Richter scale of 0-10 are about minus 5!!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X