Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Toresat

People staying in our property advise that Toresat has gone off - anyone else use this TV service (based in same building as Max Gym, next door to Orehuela Costa Town Hall / Police building?

It was working when they arrived beg of August but gone on the blink recently

Barry

hi i live in playa flamenca and have torresat our tv has had a few problems my neighbours also with the same has had no tv since monday been several times and complained with no joy alot of people are experiencing problems with them.

Comentario

torresat

I just wonder if they use the same transmitter as Telmicro I too live in Playa Flamenca and we have had ongoing problems for the last 3 weekends.
      Telmicro tell us they are working on the transmitter !!!!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por GAL Ver Mensaje
        I just wonder if they use the same transmitter as Telmicro I too live in Playa Flamenca and we have had ongoing problems for the last 3 weekends.
        Telmicro tell us they are working on the transmitter !!!!!
        Telmicro have had problems with another TV transmitter sending signals to block their transmissions. Apparently all resolved now.

Iberdrola have been carrying out work in the area & the transmitters have been running a back-up supply on reduced power. Hopefully this too is resolved.

All this doesn't seem to improve the quality of the signal.

Don't know if these problems were common to Torresat.

Comentario

The newspapers this week will feature the end days of Telemicro Levante, raided by the Guardia Civil on 12th August for illegal broadcasting and re transmissions and tax offences. The company will be no more.

Tele East has gone and the buzz around the papers is that many more English language TV providers will go the same way.

I contacted Sky direct and the reply I received can be summarised as follows:

No one is allowed to retransmit or transmit Sky channels in Spain no matter what they offer.

To use Sky cards to receive in Spain is unlawful by either companies or individuals and if Sky find out it will cancel the contract and supply.

The BBC channels are free to view BUT if re transmitted by Sky, they cannot be lawfully watched in Spain.

This applies to Sky via digital aerial, satellite or cable. All will go in due course.

Their advice, learn Spanish and watch Spanish TV. It was our choice to live here.

Telemicro have been dodgy for months now and were allowing installation even on the day they were raided.

My advice, read a book for a while or watch videos. Don't throw good money after bad. This may take months to sort out and remember what Sky told me, local offers are not worth the paper they are written on.

Comentario

Torresat have no problems

Torresat have no problems. Today they have finished installing the new transmitter above the office. So all should be fine now. Next week a transmitter goes up in Quesada.

Telimicro is the provider with all the problems, as I posted a couple of months ago it is all down to them not paying a 40000 euro tax bill. All the directors and there families are currently locked up.

As to Sky Sports etc, NO providers will be broadcasting them into the distant future. Sky has bought into Canal Digital here in Spain. Bars will be able to show the football matches if they pay 60 euros per match, as the Spanish bars have always had to do.

Torresat are doing a deal for 190 euros to change over to them, and have a good channel line up.

Comentario

As I am Scottish, I am inclined though to keep my hard earned money in my pocket despite any assurances about Torresat until the dust settles.

According to the email I had back from Sky, NO ONE in Spain, has the lawful right to re transmit their broadcasts at this time.

I am taking up posting on websites and reading for a while.

Comentario

Hi All
                On the subject of English TV. If you what to watch it for free, as in N.C.I.S. C.I.S. Eastenders etc, then why not point your dish to Nilesat and Hotbird, don't know the location, but i'm sure you can find it by googling. then you will recieve as i did when i was in Egypt, over 1000 programmes, not all in English i might say and plenty of xxx channels but you will get programmes like MBC2, MBC4, One Tv, Dubia Tv, all of which are in English. Plus you will get BBC Prime which shows Eastenders, Its scrambled, but if you type in 6969, then 6969 the channel unlocks

Hope this Helps Pleeky

Comentario

Torresat Loss of Channels

Since around 6pm last night we lost all our channels, along with our next door neighbour. We switched the TV back on this morning, hoping the channels would be back on - but sadly not. Tried calling Torresat but they were continually engaged, so I decided to visit their office in Playa Flamenca instead, along with half of the Orihuela Costa I think. There were a lot of very angry customers, both existing and new!

When I eventually got to the front of the queue, I was told that the TV signals are now suffering from interference from mobile phones, and all mesh dishes now need to be replaced with other dishes. What a load of rubbish, but she managed to get through her prepared speech without smirking once!

I asked how long this would take, but she said it would be impossible to say as there are so many that need replacing. I asked about a refund for the monthly subscription, but she couldn't help on this either, as this was handled by someone else.

I was asked to complete a form to request a change of dish.

What a complete farce this is turning into. And a very expensive one at that.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                  X