Este tema está cerrado
X
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

Well said. Is that why the compound near the Torreta's seems to have a lot of UK plated cars in it. It is easy to replate a car out here if required. Always plenty of adverts by garages who do it. I really don't see what the problem is with some people, do you ?

Comentario

I am bringing my uk reg car with me when i move there later this year but it will be taxed,mot'd and insured and once the 6 months is up i will be selling it for scrap and buying a Spanish car. (its not worth much anyway although its in good nick and runs well)

Comentario

How to kill your old banger

Originalmente publicado por harpo23z Ver Mensaje
        I am bringing my uk reg car with me when i move there later this year but it will be taxed,mot'd and insured and once the 6 months is up i will be selling it for scrap and buying a Spanish car. (its not worth much anyway although its in good nick and runs well)

You are gonna sell it for scrap, thats the problem, first to do that you have to return the log book stating the vehicle has been or is in the process of being dismantled and you need a signature from the breakers stating this.

Now the problem is when you sell it for scrap its likely to end up back on the road, uninsured without an mot and completley untraceable, people object to this an its a fair arguement that they have about these old bangers that are not worth matriculating but are in good nick and run well .. Your Words..

The only way to be completley sure thats it is scrap is to make sure thats its exactlly that by draining the water and running it untill the thing overheats and destroys the engine.

No objection to people complaining about these old bangers being on the road.

Ps Its very windy here today and its pissin down.

Comentario

Enjoy your hols anyway

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por stevethepainter Ver Mensaje
            You are gonna sell it for scrap, thats the problem, first to do that you have to return the log book stating the vehicle has been or is in the process of being dismantled and you need a signature from the breakers stating this.

Now the problem is when you sell it for scrap its likely to end up back on the road, uninsured without an mot and completley untraceable, people object to this an its a fair arguement that they have about these old bangers that are not worth matriculating but are in good nick and run well .. Your Words..

The only way to be completley sure thats it is scrap is to make sure thats its exactlly that by draining the water and running it untill the thing overheats and destroys the engine.

No objection to people complaining about these old bangers being on the road.

Ps Its very windy here today and its pissin down.
            In that case i will ensure that it will never be able to be driven again before i give up ownership.
            By the way i did not say it was an old banger, its a 1993 Puegeot 406, not a scratch on it, its passed the mot every year without any problems,is serviced every 6 months (my daughter works in the motor trade so i get it at cost) but the fact that it is 15 years old and done over 130,000 miles means that its only worth about £500 in the uk.
            The reason i will be bringing it to spain when i move there is a) to save me the expense of hiring a car when we arrive b)so we can bring more of our personal effects with us (rather than the 20 kilos with sleasy jet) c) for the expirience of driving across europe before we start our new life in Spain.

Sorry its so long winded but i dont want anyone to get the wrong impression.

Comentario

For around 1000e euro you could put this car onto spanish plates, 130.000 miles is nothing really and if it is as good as you say then its worth keeping, the spanish equivalant would cost you 2 and a half grand easy but i expect you will buy something new, often its worth keeping an old runaround.

Anyway just a thought.

Comentario

For around 1000e euro you could put this car onto spanish plates, 130.000 miles is nothing really and if it is as good as you say then its worth keeping, the spanish equivalant would cost you 2 and a half grand easy but i expect you will buy something new, often its worth keeping an old runaround.

Anyway just a thought.
                Stevethepainter
                thanks for the advice, i had thought about getting spanish plates as it is a good and reliable motor but, the other half does not realy like driving on the right when we have been on holiday and i am sure she would definately not drive a right hand car on the wrong side of the road (so to speak),and as i enjoy a beer or two or three when we go out i dont want to give her any excuse not to drive me home.
                I have been thinking of buying a new car when we arrive but bringing our uk car with us will allow me time to shop around and get the best deal i can

Comentario

Honestly no i dont care how they see us because i know they dont care how we see them, truth is the spanish resent our presence but want our investment, i see this all the day is long..

I was smart enough to live miles away from Torrevieja ...

Sums it all up really. What a pillock

Comentario

My Spanish friends in Campoverde don't resent our presence at all.

Comentario

• This is a very good site to look at:-

THE BOOK FOR ENGLISH

It's got everybit of info regarding driving in Spain. At the bottom of the page it has all the updates from May 2005 up until August 2008. The book is by
                      Brian J Deller.

Comentario

• Originalmente publicado por Aylyn Ver Mensaje
                        Sums it all up really. What a pillock

Pillock eh, hmm let me be very generous and say on your best day i am at least 183.5 million pounds richer than you, so whos the pillock now..

prick.

Comentario

• Originalmente publicado por stevethepainter Ver Mensaje
                          Pillock eh, hmm let me be very generous and say on your best day i am at least 183.5 million pounds richer than you, so whos the pillock now..

prick.
                          They always say "Money can't buy you class"

Comentario

• Firstly, millionaires don't post on internet fora. People who claim do be as much are in all likelihood children.

Secondly, why does this forum always descend into name calling ? Is there something in the air out here ? Even pleasantly given good advice and information ends in abuse. No wonder those who run this keep deleting things.

As a retired RMN I could write a paper on this forum !

Comentario

Trabajando...
                            X